Jump to content
musojosh

My cat literally deleted 90% content of my note!

Recommended Posts

Help!

My cat loves sitting on my laptop when im not around. He managed to select a large portion of the note and clicked random keys thus deleting a huge chunk.

Problem is, I didnt realise that was my huge note until after I had closed and re-opened evernote the next day. So undo is not an option. 

 

If i sign up to premium, will i have access to View History for notes edited prior to signing up??

I have been working on this note for close to a month so its possible that previously saved versions exist - maybe?

 

(I tried finding an older version in Finder in the folder entitled com.evernote.Evernote but it only opened the same 90% deleted version)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2018-02-11 at 12:20 AM, musojosh said:

f i sign up to premium, will i have access to View History for notes edited prior to signing up??

Yes; the backup is running several times a day for multiple accounts

You only need to subscribe for a single month

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/11/2018 at 3:20 AM, musojosh said:

Help!

My cat loves sitting on my laptop when im not around. He managed to select a large portion of the note and clicked random keys thus deleting a huge chunk.

Problem is, I didnt realise that was my huge note until after I had closed and re-opened evernote the next day. So undo is not an option. 

 

If i sign up to premium, will i have access to View History for notes edited prior to signing up??

I have been working on this note for close to a month so its possible that previously saved versions exist - maybe?

 

(I tried finding an older version in Finder in the folder entitled com.evernote.Evernote but it only opened the same 90% deleted version)

I know it is not funny and it is a serious problem but it did make me laugh about a cat deleting notes. :) 

Our cats like to lay on keyboards or walk over it, so I do know how it can easily happen.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2018-02-12 at 3:42 PM, DTLow said:

Yes; the backup is running several times a day for multiple accounts

You only need to subscribe for a single month

Wait, if you cancel premium, the backup is still there and accessible?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CraigZ said:

Wait, if you cancel premium, the backup is still there and accessible?

The backup data continues to be there for all all account tiers; even if you cancel premium.

Access to the data is a paid feature, so you would need to re-subscribe to premium.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, CraigZ said:

Wait, if you cancel premium, the backup is still there and accessible?

You just can't get to it if a Basic user.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...