Evernote for Mac-free version

I am on a mac and trying to use Evernote. I find that my screen does not look like any of the screens on any tutorials. I don't have a handy digest on the left column. Just a random list of my notes. Is the mac platform just not suited for Evernote? There is no way to see an organized list of my notes, notebooks, etc. And I have seen numerous tutorials about making tables. My version will not allow me to make custom tables. There is no support at this level, so I am asking the forum. Any help much appreciated. :) 

• Level 5*

It would help if you post screenshots of what you're seeing

Here is my home layout, showing the 3 panels5a7f025189be1_ScreenShot2018-02-10at06_25_15.png.2805d6a0657c246a793b4eeb68ea9219.png

• On the left side is the sidebar
  • The top panel shows the note list (toplist view)
    Other options include sidelist, snippets, ...
  • The bottom panel shows the selected note

The sidebar can be hidden or the width adjusted.
At it's narrowest, only icons are shown

There are various options under the View Menu

• Hide Sidebar
  • Light/Dark
  • Side List, Top List, Card, Snippet... 
  • Sort Sequence; Date, Title, ...

5a7e00c69ab84_ScreenShot2018-02-09at12_12_30.png.ee57b2f7aaa55f13d529dac5ddb3987d.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Eva Darrington said:

My version will not allow me to make custom tables.

To add a table to the note, use the table icon and select the number of rows and columns5a7dff59e226b_ScreenShot2018-02-09at12_05_08.png.878ecbc2ee5806672dacbd542563fa15.png

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Eva Darrington said:

Thank you. I am able to add a table, just not edit it or alter the vertical lines in any way. I do not have the "dots" that are mentioned in tutorials, that allow one to design a custom table.

Which version of Evernote are you using?

Can you post a screenshot of your tables

Even without the "dots" 5a7f219f431c8_ScreenShot2018-02-10at08_44_41.png.4d4174edb06d5898f8960ae5abafd3dd.pngI can adjust the table
I can put my mouse pointer on a column; click and drag to adjust width

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Eva Darrington said:

OK, I just read your previous note. I do not have the Evernote menu across the top.

You're using web browser Safari to access Evernote's web platform 

>>How do I unhide it? 

Switch to the client software; to download go to www.evernote.com/download, or use the App Store

The client software supports many more features than the web platform

20 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I can put my mouse pointer on a column; click and drag to adjust width

That's exactly what I can't do. No option to move vertical lines. I am familiar w how tables work, and this function does not work. I am looking for what my version is. I just loaded it a week ago. Thank you so much.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Eva Darrington said:

That's exactly what I can't do. No option to move vertical lines. I am familiar w how tables work, and this function does not work. I am looking for what my version is. I just loaded it a week ago. Thank you so much.

Since you're using the web platform, you're limited to very few table features.  
There are more features when using the Mac software that can be downloaded at www.evernote.com/download or from the app store

I reloaded the software and have the same limited platform. No top menu view. I am completely flummoxed. I have been trying to figure this out for over a week. I opened it in Chrome as well. Same view. I have loaded it 3 times different ways now and same. You have been so kind to offer suggestions. Thank you.

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, Eva Darrington said:

I reloaded the software and have the same limited platform.

After installing the software, go to Applications and launch the Evernote app

This does not involve running Safari or Chrome

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, Eva Darrington said:

Is there any way at all to trouble shoot this with Evernote? I don't see a support option for the free version. There has to be a solution. Thank you.

Twitter @evernotehelps  

The solution is simple; switch to the Mac (client) platform instead of the web platform

Archived