Idea

• Ex Employees

Hey all, 8.9 is now available in the App Store! Download link here

Release Notes: 

Misc bug fixes and performance improvements:
– Fixes for top crash and sync issues
– Fixes for deep linking issues
– Fixes for share count issues

As always, feedback is most welcome. Thanks!

17 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, pgdahl said:

However, giving the option to see shortcuts instead of recent notes in the widget would be useful. Not that very many iOS widgets are very useful in the first place.

You should post that as a separate feature request topic.  I'd vote for it.

Just selected shortcuts; maybe the top 5

Em 27/02/2018 at 02:04, Fabulous Filing Friends disse:

Hey y'all - I'm an ECC but I'm not a Mac user.  My client, however is.  He reports that within the past few days, there is a pop up window that appears when ever he creates a new note in a shared notebook.  The pop up window/error message reads:

Change access

You are moving a note into "[notebook name]".  People this notebook is shared with will gain access to the note.  

options are [cancel] or [move]

Sorry but isn't the whole point of shared notebooks to share notes with people you have shared the notebook with?  What am I not getting here, please?  Is there a notebook setting or a new note setting that is possibly wrong?

Thank you for any help you can provide.  He's not a happy camper. 

GNI Chris - change access pop up - Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 5.14.23 PM.pdf

Warning! You are opening Evernote.

Warning! You deleted a word

Warning! You now typed another word

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

The note is also read only.

On the plus side, you can search for text.  It locates the note

? I think you misunderstand my feedback. It has nothing to do with read only or search. The note body has a table but it is blank in Evernote Windows and iOS. It is normal in web.

image.thumb.png.d52fd9fc9d0eee3c1b27fbea18b19967.png

image.thumb.png.326079a366ceec8040cf9c36212aeae2.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, gock said:

Note with <table> element will be blank with 'Start writing' when opened in the latest Evernote iOS and Windows. The demo note is listed below. Please fix this bug.

table.enex

edited;  I confirm your issue that the note won't display in IOS

The note is also read only.

On the plus side, you can search for text.  It locates the note

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, Fabulous Filing Friends said:

You are moving a note into "[notebook name]".  People this notebook is shared with will gain access to the note.  

I saw this reported in the Mac forum

Hey y'all - I'm an ECC but I'm not a Mac user.  My client, however is.  He reports that within the past few days, there is a pop up window that appears when ever he creates a new note in a shared notebook.  The pop up window/error message reads:

Change access

options are [cancel] or [move]

Sorry but isn't the whole point of shared notebooks to share notes with people you have shared the notebook with?  What am I not getting here, please?  Is there a notebook setting or a new note setting that is possibly wrong?

Thank you for any help you can provide.  He's not a happy camper. 

GNI Chris - change access pop up - Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 5.14.23 PM.pdf

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

You should post that as a separate feature request topic.  I'd vote for it.

Just selected shortcuts; maybe the top 5

I don't care about iOS widgets. They are, as I said, useless. But it's the only other place where recent notes shortcuts are shown. But you asked which shortcuts I meant.

20 hours ago, DTLow said:

Is this referring to the recent notes list in the Shortcuts Page?

Of course. 

However, giving the option to see shortcuts instead of recent notes in the widget would be useful. Not that very many iOS widgets are very useful in the first place.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, pgdahl said:

Will the Recent Notes "feature" become something I can make my own decisions about whether I want to see or not in an upcoming release? It's rather annoying.

Is this referring to the recent notes list in the Shortcuts Page?

On 9/2/2018 at 4:12 PM, annah said:

Hey all, 8.9 is now available in the App Store! Download link here

Release Notes: 

Misc bug fixes and performance improvements:
– Fixes for top crash and sync issues
– Fixes for deep linking issues
– Fixes for share count issues

As always, feedback is most welcome. Thanks!

Will the Recent Notes "feature" become something I can make my own decisions about whether I want to see or not in an upcoming release? It's rather annoying.

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, macfixer said:

That's weird. Do other company's apps also have the same problem?

Thinks for replying.  afaik  Evernote is the only app with a delayed download/update

Anyways, the new version did update finally so I'll just leave it as one of Apple's mysteries

On 2/9/2018 at 11:49 AM, DTLow said:

For some reason the updates don't download for me.  

I follow the link, open the App Store and see that 8.9 is posted.  I don't get an update button; just an open button. 
Clicking on the open button launches my version of Evernote (8.8.1)

The only way I can download the update is to delete Evernote from my iPad.  
This also deletes my offline notebooks, which have almost completed downloading from the last update

That's weird. Do other company's apps also have the same problem?

A bug report.

Pasting a web link feature has damaged at some point after iOS version 8.1, and still in version 8.9 it does not work.

in more detail: I copy a link to an article in electronic newspaper. The copied information (on the clipboard) includes a title and the web address to the news article. When I paste that information in a note in Evernote version 8.9 (in my iPhone)  only the title appears, but not web address. An example after pasting  is below (article is in finnish):

Minua oltiin kärräämässä hätäleikkaukseen” – HS:n kyselyssä selvisi, milloin ateistikin rukoilee apua suuremmilta voimilta

When I do the same thing using Evernote 8.1 in my iPad, everything works fine. In addition this also works when paste in other note app in my iPhone.

Minua oltiin kärräämässä hätäleikkaukseen” – HS:n kyselyssä selvisi, milloin ateistikin rukoilee apua suuremmilta voimilta https://www.hs.fi/elama/art-2000005559767.html?share=3d1853337323426a48b14f26c5980375

Please fix this bug.

Paze

• Level 5*
On 2018-02-09 at 7:12 AM, annah said:

8.9 is now available in the App Store! Download link here

Edited - The update finally downloaded; I'm on v8.9

For some reason the updates don't download for me.  

I follow the link, open the App Store and see that 8.9 is posted.  I don't get an update button; just an open button. 
Clicking on the open button launches my version of Evernote (8.8.1)

The only way I can download the update is to delete Evernote from my iPad.  
This also deletes my offline notebooks, which have almost completed downloading from the last update

Archived