Notes opening in new window.

Ruddy52

Idea

When you click on a note from Shortcuts, or Recent Notes, in the latest Beta, the note now opens in a new window rather than in the main frame of the application.

I have no idea why you would have implemented this, so is there any chance we could go back to the old solution?

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi All,

That is not the expected behavior. The note should only open in a new window if you 'double-click' on the list item. A single click should open the note in the far right hand panel of the Evernote App, and not a new window.

@Ruddy52

When you click on a note from Shortcuts, or Recent Notes, in the latest Beta, the note now opens in a new window rather than in the main frame of the application.

What version of the Beta are you using?

@nheinrich

This has been happening to me as well. It feels like a configurable choice would be nice. FWIW, I prefer the old way where it would open in the primary window.

Are you also using the Beta? If so, what version?

@Olof B

Are you using the Beta as well?

When I double click on a note from the notes list in the main app window the note opens as a new tab in an already open single note window. I would prefer the note to open in a new single window. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Archived