Slow loading and searching on the App (Windows)

I am a premium user of Evernote and have way too many notes, files etc. in Evernote to begin thinking how to move onto a different vendor for my notes.

However, the lag time in opening the Evernote app, loading or opening of specific notes, etc. has become a major headache. 

Does anyone have advice on something I need to configure or do differently in order to feel better about using Evernote?  It seems as if I am using an old Microsoft 386 processor and using excel when you had to manually scroll through the MacPlus screen to see your data.  This is really becoming an issue.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, MamboMike said:

I am a premium user of Evernote and have way too many notes, files etc. in Evernote to begin thinking how to move onto a different vendor for my notes.

However, the lag time in opening the Evernote app, loading or opening of specific notes, etc. has become a major headache. 

Does anyone have advice on something I need to configure or do differently in order to feel better about using Evernote?  It seems as if I am using an old Microsoft 386 processor and using excel when you had to manually scroll through the MacPlus screen to see your data.  This is really becoming an issue.

Thanks.

You can try Ctrl-Help and select optimize data base.  It may take a while depending upon the size of the data base.  Hardware solution is to convert to a solid state disk.

• Level 5*

Some people find that moving their database to an SSD drive helps speed things up. Tools / Options / General tab / "Change..." button under the "Evernote local files" heading. I'd make sure that my database was backed up before doing this, just in case, particularly if you have local notebooks (which are never synced to the Evernote servers).

Archived