Ricky

focus more on Evernote Web

Idea

When will Evernote Web have more robust organization features like the Windows client?  Evernote Web provides a smoother, more bug free experience.   

The Windows program constantly creates lag when typing, possibly due to syncing in the background but I don't experience that I the web version.   Also, basic features are not free from bugs!  Randomly, I can't even freakin decrease the indent!   Tables produce weird errors too.  

Also tables in the web version are so basic!   

If you can't get the Windows application right, then just discontinue it.  Other companies have created web only versions and they work great.  For example Google Docs, and Google Sheets.   

Maybe Evernote should just consider dropping their desktop clients.  That way more focus and energy can be put into the web version.   

Offline support?  Google sheets and Docs does it.   Google Keep even has hand writing support in their web app.   

Anyway I really like Evernote but the Windows client is going no where.     

,Ricky 

6 replies to this idea

56 minutes ago, Ricky said:

If you can't get the Windows application right, then just discontinue it.

If you wish to discontinue using the Windows platform, you are welcome go ahead and switch to the web version

Yes, the client software has more potential for issues.  However, the desktop platforms provide more scope for the implementation of features.

I'm just irritated with the errors that I'm running into.  I'm being more sarcastic and dramatic than anything.   

Anyway, hopefully 2018 will be the year for some good improvements for Evernote.   

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

I'm being more sarcastic and dramatic than anything.   

Some of us need aIMG_1529.JPG.d0205b51aa8e649dadbd25e1b4b

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

The desktop platforms provide more scope for the implementation of features.

Only creating the screenshots of the desktop - offline and all other things are possible in the browser, look at Google Drive. Truly, editor of the Mac client and presentation mode written in Javascript.

21 minutes ago, zdanevich said:

Only creating the screenshots of the desktop - offline and all other things are possible in the browser, look at Google Drive. Truly, editor of the Mac client and presentation mode written in Javascript.

Offline access to my data

Export/Import of data; useful for backing up data, and switching to another service

I'm a fan of using external editors for serious documents (word processing, spreadsheets, ...); with the documents stored as attachments to a note.  Editing attachments is handled very well on the Mac/Win platforms

I use the Mac platform, which has a scripting layer built into the app

Sadly the Web platform for Evernote appears to be neglected, despite the promise of great things to come over the next few months (back in 2016 that was), nothing is forthcoming. I have asked questions about what is happening with the EN Web but total silence from Evernote on this, looks to me as though they don't even look at this forum anymore. It's not surprising though, they've made such a mess of the windows bug ridden platform that I no longer think they have any focus on where they are going. It makes one wonder if I should trust my data to Evernote anymore, we all might wake up one morning to find the whole thing is broken.