Missing photos from some notes O_o

I made changes to 3 notes today. And suddenly all the images and pictures from this 3 notes were disappeared.

i used Evernote for 6 years and i have never seen smth. like this before. 

what should I do to get them back? Support chat is closed :((

• Level 5*
On 2018-02-07 at 6:45 AM, mari_bon said:

what should I do to get them back? Support chat is closed :((

I restore corrupted or lost content from backups

I have personal data backups, and Evernote has a Note History backup that is running for all accounts

Access to Note History data is a paid feature, but you can subscribe for a single month

• Like 1

Thank you for your answer.

First, obviously, it was a technical failure, so I was hoping (as an ancient service user) for some technical support for free :) i'm sure this restore takes 30 sec. 

Secondly, the service does not provide the opportunity to subscribe for a month (it was my first idea after the accident :)), only for a year.

tell me, how can I pay for a month?

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, mari_bon said:

Secondly, the service does not provide the opportunity to subscribe for a month (it was my first idea after the accident :)), only for a year.

tell me, how can I pay for a month?

Your location my be different; when I go to my subscription page I see an option for month or year5a7cd05734eb0_ScreenShot2018-02-08at14_32_51.png.74403193ce78187c90d51e294996795b.png

I lost a photo in one of my notes again today!

That photo has been there for a while and I just checked it now, it is gone. Normally I would lose the whole photo, at least now there is an icon there showing me there used to be a photo!

I think I can be understanding with many bugs but when it comes to losing content within notes, that is completely against the whole principal of Evernote...remember everything! Well if some of the everything is being lost without user deleting, that is going to be remember some of the stuff that did not get lost due to a bug!

Happy Friday everyone!

image.png.30eeaf6f1148b203176e421422ee2640.png

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

at least now there is an icon there showing me there used to be a photo!

That's interesting but I'm not sure the forum members can help

Your screenshot is telling me the note is intact, with a link to the image file.  Somehow the image  file got lost

I recommend contacting Support

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, TK0047 said:

at least now there is an icon there showing me there used to be a photo!

You can try right clicking on the note in the list and then click on Save Attachments.  Sometimes the missing attachment will be saved and you can paste back into the note.  I've done this with gone missing PDFs in the past...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
On 2018-02-09 at 12:25 PM, TK0047 said:

I lost a photo in one of my notes again today!

I should have advised you to check your note on the web platform.  Sometimes we see corruption on our devices, but the master data on the servers is ok.  

The Mac platform has a full sync function to resolve these issues

On 2/9/2018 at 5:41 PM, CalS said:

You can try right clicking on the note in the list and then click on Save Attachments.  Sometimes the missing attachment will be saved and you can paste back into the note.  I've done this with gone missing PDFs in the past...

Thanks! This worked on a note that I lost a spreadsheet file this morning. I came in Monday morning and I had the same missing icon where my Excel file used to be and I checked the online version. Online version showed "Unknown" file. i tried the "Save attachment" option and it worked! Never tried that before. Good option to have, although I would have preferred not losing the file I saved up but at least there is a way to recover.

• Like 1
On 09.02.2018 at 01:34, DTLow said:

Your location my be different; when I go to my subscription page I see an option for month or year5a7cd05734eb0_ScreenShot2018-02-08at14_32_51.png.74403193ce78187c90d51e294996795b.png

Hello! I had to upgrade to premium, nothing else worked.))

looks like advertising move from the service : D

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had this problem before, but in the last two days I've noticed it on multiple notes. I've checked both the desktop and web versions, and in note history on the affected notes. In no cases are the missing images (copy/paste from clipboard) there. They are just gone - no broken image icon or anything.

I even repasted all the images back into my latest note today, and then noticed they were gone AGAIN an hour or so later. Interestingly, not all the images are gone - but about 80% of them are.

These are work-related technical documentation, so having them saved in the note is critical ... I still have them in my screenshot program history (SnagIt), but that's not sufficient.

And yes, I'm already a premium member - have been for years. Please help me get back to Evernote being my favorite thing ever!

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

My photos disapear from using evernote after downloading it to my new Dell Inspiron PC using Window 10. When I went to evernote online the photos where gone there too because the automatic sync. I only use evernote online now. Thanks.

6.7 was working out for me as far as photos, images disappearing goes but this happened the other day:

image.thumb.png.773f657e091be16164b1f117a93746be.png

Out of the blue, these screenshots I had went away and the note history does not show any previous versions. Save All Attachments options did not work this time either. I am still scared to upgrade to 6.13 or 6.14....frustrating but I chose to remain on 6.7.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m having the same issue with several notes: photos/screenshots previously added to the note show up with a broken image icon on desktop version and empty boxes on mobile version. Luckily, I can get some of them back via the note history (I have a premium account), but some have no history saved. Any way to avoid this!?

F806C497-7B09-46D8-8D24-E4D04A2DDAA4.thumb.png.8cc583defde8ffcd0fe27ce4209f2ba4.png

• 4 months later...

In my case, a note contained lots of screenshots to the point that it would take 10-20 seconds to display content. I had to split content into two notes and my empty picture was back to normal on reopening. 

• 1 year later...

In 2019 I am experiencing the same issue with the same use case. Every time I had a medical expense in 2019, I snapped a picture of the receipt and added that picture to a new note in a 2019 taxes notebook. I am using iOS.

When I go to view the notes in iOS, anything before September no longer shows the picture (just the small empty square).

IMG_8655.thumb.PNG.8acd0942ce8a59bace7ccd719c77ec17.PNG

When I attempt to view the note on Mac, NONE of the the pictures show up.502465900_ScreenShot2020-01-15at2_55_01PM.thumb.png.fe5e5b8810899c15ca5b8a144c3ae1bb.png

I also have Scannable documents that have the click to download on iOS, but never downloads.

IMG_8656.thumb.PNG.46aa35a870efa4eae3fc3b22482fd2a5.PNG

On Mac (again) nothing shows up.

337031806_ScreenShot2020-01-15at2_54_37PM.thumb.png.cc95f8c18706af5c9fef3a4818918f35.png

For a services that is intended to retain information, it is failing at the services fundamental purpose. This is not acceptable and I must be insane to continue to pay for this service.