drag and drop files issue

hey,

it is happening to me that when I drag and drop 5 different MS Word files into a note they all change the name and have the same name...

any clues why is this happening and how can I prevent this to happen?

thanks

current build: 6.9.5.6679 (306679) Prerelease (CE Build ce-1.39.4193)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, lsilva.m@outlook.com said:

different names but with same label like #ABC_name1.docx

The format might be the problem - I did have an issue at one point with Evernote apparently linking several files with the same name.  I assumed it was to save space.  Why save several copies of exactly the same text?  An edit to one was replicated in all the others.  Don't know how different a name has to be to keep the files from merging,  but it might be worth experimenting with different names.  If the files are all attached to a note titled or tagged #ABC,  could you not just keep the individual different names?

It's worth an experiment anyway to see if this truly is your issue...

Em 2/7/2018 at 23:45, gazumped disse:

It's worth an experiment anyway to see if this truly is your issue...

no, it didn't work either :/ 

I wonder why this is happening... should just drag and drop work? or is it because it's beta version and there is one bug? What do you think?

EUREKA!

found the issue. Apparently, Evernote reads the file content and if the file content is the same although with a different file name the files are not attached to the note as different files.

What I did previously was to create black MS Word documents with different names. I just added random text in them and the attachment was successful!

Thanks for your input @gazumped ! (AH! this @mention should be implemented inside notes if they are shared ) 

Archived