Jump to content
  • 2
imscottb

Background colors??

Idea

Hey Evernote, 

I just think it would be sooo GREAT to allow for COLORS in the background of my notes, sometimes. 

I think it is GREAT that my font can have a different color, but what about and why not allowing for a background color of the whole note?

Thanks, so much. 

Keep up the GREAT work. 

Share this post


Link to post

8 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
42 minutes ago, imscottb said:

I just think it would be sooo GREAT to allow for COLORS in the background of my notes, sometimes. 

I use the the table feature to add background colour to my notes.
It could be a single column/row 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
15 hours ago, DTLow said:

I use the the table feature to add background colour to my notes.
It could be a single column/row 

I do the same thing when I want some color. I just color the cell and then type into it.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

GREAT idea DTLow and Sayre, but what about when you just have a note with no tables in it?

That is what I am talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 minutes ago, imscottb said:

but what about when you just have a note with no tables in it?

Even if I don't need it, I add a table just to get the colour background; it can be one row, one cell

I actually like using multiple columns.  It's better  use of the note space

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
7 minutes ago, imscottb said:

GREAT idea DTLow and Sayre, but what about when you just have a note with no tables in it?

That is what I am talking about.

I think they are saying a 1x1 table is a workaround.  Not perfect for sure, but gets some background color.

ScreenClip.png.1cb7048d1d76adde696365f178b3c9d1.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I usually edit the content by using Evernote application on Mac. When I need to set foreground/background colours, I switch to Google Chrome, and use the "Add-ons for Evernote Web App" extension. It is the perfect solution.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/add-ons-for-evernote-web/bnflfnhcfikgmmcmoghhejelmefpjhek?hl=en-US

724307748_ScreenShot2018-11-10at12_02_38PM.png.8d8dcbdab1e346d71d54838682397d2b.png

This is what you see in Chrome

293595721_ScreenShot2018-11-10at12_04_02PM.png.2e1835374a42ec74f5addb11a9ee528d.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 11/10/2018 at 12:06 PM, jamesd535 said:

I usually edit the content by using Evernote application on Mac. When I need to set foreground/background colours, I switch to Google Chrome, and use the "Add-ons for Evernote Web App" extension. It is the perfect solution.

Looks interesting, but I would be concerned about privacy issues.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

james535 I do not have a Mac, so I can't seem to do your suggestion, and I agree with possible privacy issues, so I just wish Evernote would allow for the colors in the background. 

Thanks, for the ideas and tips. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...