Evernote Google Keep Connection

Hi

I just started using Evernote. Since I have been using Google Keep before I wanted to import my old notes into Evernote. I used the Google Keep export functionality and tried to get the notes into evernote via the import folder function. Sadly this only worked for the notes that were pictures only. Anything that was a list or a link didn't work or at least didn't show up anywhere nor could be found via the search bar.

So I started copying the most relevant ones myself and all of a sudden I noticed Evernote automatically created a link to the original note in Google Keep?! 

How does that work? Does that mean my previouly imported notes are somewhere there or does evernote get the connection from being logged in / connected with my google account?

What am I missing? 

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Tim

Evernote GKeep.PNG

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't think you're missing anything - Evernote always tries to bring a source URL along with any web-based clips or copies.  You'd get the same sort of result if you copy a Gmail message.  There's no link between Evernote and Keep,  and if you can't see or find your notes in your account,  they're not imported.

Thank you!

Interesting though how the software obtains the actual specific link of that note. Didn't no windows copies that to the clipboard as well. Or does is work via the chrome webclipper?

Well. I guess then I must continue copy and pasting manually...

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, timberg0612 said:

Interesting though how the software obtains the actual specific link of that note. Didn't no windows copies that to the clipboard as well. Or does is work via the chrome webclipper?

If you copy from a web page, then the the URL and the content are both put on the clipboard (it's part of an 'HTML Format' entry). You can examine what's on the Windows clipboard using a 3rd-party utility like Clipboard Format Spy or similar. The web clipper should also include the URL, and that might be a little more convenient; you should try it.

Archived