How to make "Actual Size" the default view option for PDFs instead of "Automatically Resize"?

In the Mac app, it seems PDFs have "Automatically Resize" as the default view option.  Is there any way to make "Actual Size" the default view option for all PDFs, instead?  It's a bit tiring to have to adjust this one by one for each note.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
10 hours ago, arose10 said:

Automatically Resize" as the default view option.  Is there any way to make "Actual Size"

I'm confused about these two pdf options.  Where do you see them?

I see two options; view inline or view as attachment5a7786bf75f47_ScreenShot2018-02-04at14_18_01.png.0a34ec097e329bfd3f82170eca7e20ed.png
There is a setting in Preferences for pdfs imported via the web clipper

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, arose10 said:

Check out the attached screenshot.  Does this make more sense?

Thanks, that explains it
I'd forgotten about it because I never use Actual Size.  It's always a disaster for me (too small) with multi-page pdfs

• 3 months later...

Would love to have "Actual Size" the default.  "Automatically resize" is showing me a fraction of the PDF's content and is of no use.  Have to change it to "Actual Size" every single time I view a note with a PDF.

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

+1

I've been a daily user of EN for 6+ years and I too have found this to be really clumsy ever since the beginning.

Please make "Actual Size" the default, full PDF is useless, you can only see a portion of it.

(or at least the option to set it as the default)

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

How has this not been implemented yet? This one of the most sane and easy to implement features users can ask for and given the fact how poor the app performance is on macOS with multiple resized PDFs, one would assume that this would be prioritized.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
21 minutes ago, N4M3Z said:

How has this not been implemented yet?

Given the half-dozen or so users who've expressed an interest over the past few years,  I'd say it's more a matter of prioritizing other features that have more support than just ignoring this one.  You may get more feedback if you raise a support ticket and look into your app's performance,  plus - if Support aren't able to help - opening a Feature Request thread in the General or Mac forums to accumulate votes from other users keen to see this added.  Personally I struggle with 'actual size' as I use desktop / tablet / phone devices where that means very different things.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, N4M3Z said:

That should be straightfoward to implement.

I'd actually doubt that unless you have experience with Android / iOS / Mac / Windows and Web browser operating systems and can confirm otherwise - this doesn't just apply to Macs remember;  any change has to work in every environment.  And even if it were reasonably quick to implement (as in weeks or months) - there are those 'priorities' I mentioned.  Whose much better supported change are you going to delay or cancel because this one gets actioned?

Not arguing against you,  just pointing out that magic wands are in short supply around here.

• Haha 1

As far as I can tell, the way the PDF is displayed is just an option that is set per attachment per note. When you import the file into the note it gets set to a default. That makes it independent on the platform. All I'm suggesting is making that default configurable (globally or per note) by adding an extra line into any configuration tab in preferences/note details. I don't intend to set development targets for Evernote here, but if it was my team and assuming all statements above hold and there are no further considerations for design, it would take 1 day for development and QA tops.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, N4M3Z said:

As far as I can tell, the way the PDF is displayed is just an option that is set per attachment per note. When you import the file into the note it gets set to a default. That makes it independent on the platform. All I'm suggesting is making that default configurable (globally or per note) by adding an extra line into any configuration tab in preferences/note details. I don't intend to set development targets for Evernote here, but if it was my team and assuming all statements above hold and there are no further considerations for design, it would take 1 day for development and QA tops.

Agreed.  And it's not like the Evernote team has been making rapid updates/fixes/improvements to the Mac app, so it's tough to make the argument that they're too busy prioritizing other things.  As far as I can tell, they've been prioritizing nothing, at least when it comes to the Mac app.