timfg

Blurry fonts in some text elements

I rather assumed this was yet another scaling issue introduced with a recent Windows update - but the usual approaches around compatibility settings don't seem to make any difference. The screenshot refers - this was captured from a 1920x1080 monitor, set to 100% scaling, one of two which I use. I also have a third 2560x1440 monitor, also set to 100%, which has the same issue, although it doesn't look quite so bad, because smaller! The blue font used in the note title, and the fonts in the note-previews are all fragmented and blurry - the note text is OK. This would make more sense to me as an issue if the monitors were set to scale the display - but they're not, all run at 100% (I have pretty good eyesight!)

image.png.4de99215b599d8e2bf26ef80f2e9b63e.png

It sounds as though you have a monitor set to a high DPI. We are not multi-monitor aware. So Windows will render at the high DPI and scale down to the 100% - hence blurry.

• Like 1

I've had these monitors for years - two at 1920x1080 and one at 2560x1440, all set to 100% scaling. It never used to do this, Evernote was pin sharp on all of them - something has changed, either in Windows, or in Evernote.

• Like 1

Same problem.  I've also been using the same two monitors for a few years, along with Evernote.  It's only recently that this has become a problem.

Your product is no longer compatible with common monitors? 

Is the only solution to not use your product?

I have the same problem since the latest update (with only one monitor, at 100% scale set to recommended resolution)

For a mostly text-based app this is completely unacceptable and no other app I use has a similar problem.

Please fix this!

I'm running:

Evernote 6.9.7.6770 (306770) Public (CE Build ce-1.39.4387)
Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.248

thanks,

leo

• Like 1

Same here, using windows 10 pro and evernote 6.11.2.7027 (307027) Public (CE Build ce-43.0.4829).

I think, that this is absolutely unnacceptable in 2018 to have high dpi scaling problems with commercial application. Is this top note-taking application on the market?

2018-09-15_03-11-51.png

I have this problem as well - just noticed it happening within the past week or so.  Definitely did not happen before, because it's quite noticeable (and fugly)!

I wonder if it has to do with clicking ANNOTATE PDF.  I THINK it started after I clicked that (had never clicked it before).  Maybe that will help someone troubleshoot this annoying problem.

Found a fix, my problem was as per Dconnect suggested.  I recently updated my graphics drivers and followed tips from gaming forums to improve performance etc, I believe I have inadvertently changed DPI settings somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find where. I have a lot of additional font types installed and  I run 4 monitors from 1080p to 4k, so scalings can issue for me. 

How ever all is not lost, I have found how to correct DPI issues that I created in Evernote in Windows 10 with Multi Monitors (Windows 10 version 1809).  

1. Locate Evernote's installation directory, mine was in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\" 

2. Locate & right click on evernote.exe, select the 'Compatibility' and press 'Change high DPI settings' - see attached picture

3. Under 'Program DPI' tick the check box 'Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of one in settings'  - see attached picture

(*Note I haven't played with advance scaling settings yet so there may be a better way)

4. Under 'Use DPI that's set for my main display when', select 'I open this program' in the drop down list. - see attached picture

5. Restart Evernote - (*Note ensure Evernote is not running in the SystemTray)

This corrected the issue for me, it may not work for everyone but I hope it points people in the right direction so you can tweak it for your setup. 

Regards

Anthony.

Evernote Compatibility Tab.png

Evernote DPI Settings.png

Edited by Anthony Statera
I forgot the final step in my explaination.