Checkbox formatting issue

Vanav

Idea

If I insert checkbox on Android, checkbox and one space is inserted. If I insert checkbox on Windows, checkbox and no spaces are inserted. This difference makes hard to edit one list on multiple devices.

I suggest to:
- don't insert space after checkbox on Android to match Windows style,
- increase distance between checkbox and text (margin) on Android and on the Web to match Windows distance.

2018-02-02.png

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5
On 2/8/2018 at 2:01 PM, Peter Schaedler said:

Ditto this. The extra space on Android messes with spacing when syncing across devices and creates inconsistent capitalization. I can also confirm that on the Mac desktop version, this issue doesn't exist. Only on the Android version.

Don't forget to click the upward arrow at the top of this page to give formal support to the suggestion.

I upvoted this, checbox handling should be better. Also, if checkboxes could be simply reorganized by dragging (like in Google Keep), that would be really good.

P.S. A bug was recently introduced in the Windows client as well. Whenever you copy a note link and paste it against a checkbox, it adds a space at the beginning. Does not happen with normal text though, only note links.

Archived