Automatic Numbering

Guest preacherwalt

Guest preacherwalt

I cannot be more frustrated with the automatic numbering that Evernote assumes that you want to use in each note.  It cannot be permenantly turned of, it creates weird spacing, it does not allow for variety of bullet points under one numbered sentence and it is not intuitive like a word processor is.  Evernote seems to want to avoid becoming a word processor and stick to being a notes app.  If that is the case, allow the auto numbering feature to be cut off.  If it can be disabled and I do not know now, please let me know.

• Level 5*

I agree the list numbering feature is basic.  If I need extended features, I switch to a word processing editor (Word/Pages)
Evernote works well with office/iwork documents as attachments

>>Evernote seems to want to avoid becoming a word processor and stick to being a notes app. 

I see word processor features being added, but I do consider the editor to be a tool for basic notes
It wouldn't be a good idea for users to consider Evernote a replacement for a dedicated word processor

• Level 5
2 hours ago, Guest preacherwalt said:

Evernote seems to want to avoid becoming a word processor and stick to being a notes app.

Well .... yes. Hence the name "Evernote." Why should they turn it into a word processor?

2 hours ago, Guest preacherwalt said:

I cannot be more frustrated with the automatic numbering that Evernote assumes that you want to use in each note....  If that is the case, allow the auto numbering feature to be cut off.  If it can be disabled and I do not know now, please let me know.

This is not quite clear. Are you saying that in every new note you are getting a numbered list instead of plain text? I have not seen this. What is the platform (Web, Windows, Mac, Android, etc.)?

Archived