Advanced search on daily todo lists

Hi guys, Ihave been using Evernote as a diary. So, every day I create (duplicate, accturaly) a file with a To-do list to drive my day. For exemple:

<checkbox> workout

<checkbox> reading 

etc

By the end of the month, for instance, I want to know how many times I worded out. For that I have already tryed:

1. Search: Todo:true workout  - return all files of my diary because all of them have the word "workout" and some random "todo:true"
  2. Search: "Todo:true workout" - return no result at all.

Can anyone tell me how can I make these search to find out how many times I did some activity?

Thank you

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, sccjunior@gmail.com said:

and some random "todo:true"

That's the problem with the using multiple checkboxes in a note

I use individual notes for each task

My To-do list  is literally a  list of these notes

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, sccjunior@gmail.com said:

Search: "Todo:true workout" - return no result at all...

Does it means that we don't have a solution for that, unless I create a lot of notes every day?

You could replace the checked checkbox with the word Done

Search   "Done Workout"      will work

• Level 5*

To amplify what @DTLow said, I might use something like _Workout.  The underscore will help with any false positives.  You can't have two _Workout's in the same note though with this method.  A workaround.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, sccjunior@gmail.com said:

Does it means that we don't have a solution for that, unless I create a lot of notes every day?

There is no search that returns a count of items in a set of notes, of any kind, including number of todo's completed, word occurrences, etc. Searches only return a list of notes that match your search.

Archived