Spell Check Missing

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, xkexk8 said:

What happened to spell check?  F7 no longer works and I don't see it under edit.  This is the Windows 10 desktop version 6.8.7.6387 (306387) Public (CE Build ce-1.36.3494)

Somehow the dictionary got hosed in this release.  Go to your Evernote folder and see if there is folder named Dict along with Databases.  If not add one and see if this helps.  But you (we) have lost the existing dictionary entries, unless you have a copy of the user.dic file pre this release.

• Level 5
23 hours ago, CalS said:

Somehow the dictionary got hosed in this release.  Go to your Evernote folder and see if there is folder named Dict along with Databases.  If not add one and see if this helps.  But you (we) have lost the existing dictionary entries, unless you have a copy of the user.dic file pre this release.

Wow. Another reason not to update. I keep waiting for an update to be released that works OK and doesn't inadvertently cause some disaster. Hasn't happened in many versions.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Wow. Another reason not to update. I keep waiting for an update to be released that works OK and doesn't inadvertently cause some disaster. Hasn't happened in many versions.

Yup, some of the stuff making it through QA will cause an eyebrow to rise...  Particularly when it seems to have nothing to do with the changes included in the beta.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Ex Employees
On 1/31/2018 at 9:26 AM, xkexk8 said:

What happened to spell check?  F7 no longer works and I don't see it under edit.  This is the Windows 10 desktop version 6.8.7.6387 (306387) Public (CE Build ce-1.36.3494)

I've posted the status of this here: 

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. 

On 1/31/2018 at 12:47 PM, CalS said:

HI Cal, I have the Dict folder, but it is not in the Databases folder. It is by itself in with other folders in the Evernote folder. In it is the user.dic file. But I cannot use the F7 for spell check either at this time. Are there any other options???

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, imscottb said:

HI Cal, I have the Dict folder, but it is not in the Databases folder. It is by itself in with other folders in the Evernote folder. In it is the user.dic file. But I cannot use the F7 for spell check either at this time. Are there any other options???

None of which I am aware.  What has happened to spelling is referenced about three posts up.

• 4 weeks later...

I just did the 6.10.3.6921 update today (03/21/2018). This is the latest update. The Spell Checker is still missing, and the F7 key (this is Windows 10) does nothing. It was pointed out as an issue with version 6.8.7.6387 (306387)(the first post in this string) in January. When is this going to be fixed? Thanks.

Archived