Idea

A quick search shows me this has been discussed in different forms over the years, but can I just add that I would absolutely love to have CSS-like styles that I can define and then apply with a click from a dropdown menu?

It's really tedious having to select a header in a note then pick a font size/face/other attributes. I have no consistency for between notes because I can't memorize the size, whether it was bold or not, etc.

Most paid Evernote features are irrelevant for me, but I would pay for the ability to format whole notes with colors, fonts, sizing, whatever.

Thanks.

4 replies to this idea

4 minutes ago, Oo-de-lally said:

A quick search shows me this has been discussed in different forms over the years, but can I just add that I would absolutely love to have CSS-like styles that I can define and then apply with a click from a dropdown menu?

It's great to add feature requests, but you should generally just add your comments -- and votes -- to existing topics (if they exist) rather than starting new ones.

17 minutes ago, jefito said:

It's great to add feature requests, but you should generally just add your comments -- and votes -- to existing topics (if they exist) rather than starting new ones.

Of course, but I couldn't find a thread describing succinctly this (with the exception of a thread from like 5 years ago).

If anybody knows of a more centralized thread about this feature, mind directing me to it? Thanks!

That's a fair point -- there are a number of topics about this (I found a bunch just searching this forum for 'styles'), but no mega-topic like other feature requests (e.g. the nested notebook juggernaut). Plus the CSS suggestion is a different twist on things (not quite sure how that'd play out in practice, though; the underlying markup is generally kept hidden from users, though it's not a secret). A moderator with the ability to merge topics could help to consolidate things, but there's a lot of requests on the forums, and that's a lot of work...

I would love to have this feature. I am a styles fanatic and would love to be able to have some styles capabilities. The lack of styles and better formatting would be a major enhancement for me as I use Evernote for almost everything. 

I know putting in a browser engine into Evernote may be over the top, but some enhanced formatting would be great. Like line and paragraph spacing, better table support and MORE FONTS. Evernote doesn't need to become a word processor but please give us more. Even this editor I'm using now has features Evernote doesn't have, like strikethrough, 16 point font size, superscript, subscript.