Foolproof way of sharing notes?

I need a foolproof way of sharing notes with clients who are probably not Evernote users and may use Mac, Windows, Android phone or iOS without  being very techie.

My attempts to share notes (over the years) always run into problems -- generally the recipient can't see the note, or finds it too much hassle to open it.

I have tried most ways of sending links to  Evernotes and having public shared notebooks.

Is there a FOOLPROOF way of sharing so that any recipient with a browser can read the note?

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, greiggy said:

Is there a FOOLPROOF way of sharing so that any recipient with a browser can read the note?

One of Evernote's best feature is creating a shareable public link (url) that can be used by anyone with a browser

The screenshot is from right-clicking on my Mac
and results in a link like https://www.evernote.com/l/AApWBfNWIBdBmIHufJfFgjStRQMkiJDnf1k

5a6f4cf0ec676_ScreenShot2018-01-29at08_33_36.png.5d86e6fa2d6cac6b2ea082820f9d4b91.png

Yes, sure, but the public link method seems to cause problems. I sent one to my wife, who has Evernote installed in her iPad, iOS11. The Evernote app generates a message saying she had to subscribe to see it. The browser sends her back to the app, which doesn't open the note.

She is probably not going to become a dedicated Evernote user at this point. She says it is too much hassle.

My fundamental question is, what is the foolproof way to share a note.

For anyone, anywhere with any device to open the link and read the note?

I can't risk complaints from clients who encounter difficulties, and I then have to send an apologetic email (which they can read).

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, greiggy said:

I have already set the note to be shared with her.

Maybe unshared it.  The solution I proposed was simply a browser url

Re "two versions of URL"  DTLow above  -- the only share option I see is a "shareable link".

Top right of note -- "Share" button

Opens window which offers "Shareable link on" and a URL highighted to copy.

I am using Evernote 6.13.1 on a Mac.

Here's a screenshot

IanG Evernote screen.jpeg

• 2 years later...
On 1/30/2018 at 12:41 AM, greiggy said:

Yes, sure, but the public link method seems to cause problems. I sent one to my wife, who has Evernote installed in her iPad, iOS11. The Evernote app generates a message saying she had to subscribe to see it. The browser sends her back to the app, which doesn't open the note.

She is probably not going to become a dedicated Evernote user at this point. She says it is too much hassle.

Hi, 

I have the same situation. A shared note won't open unless the receiver logs on to Evernote. 

How did you manage to solve the problem? 

Thank you. 

• Like 1