Evernote Helper - Not saving to Evernote

Hi Community / Dev's

Having the following issue with my build;  Evernote for Mac; OS Ver: 10.13.3; Evernote Build: 6.13.1

When I start my computer I have the Evernote helper load automatically - so the elephant icon is at the top right after the computer starts, the issue is as follows:

If I type anything into the helper and hit 'save to Evernote' - then go to my Evernote and look for it - it's not there... BUT

If I create a note from within Evernote - all of the notes that were supposed to be saved from the helper suddenly appear.

Bug? Settings Problem? Fix?

Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, cwvickery said:

If I type anything into the helper and hit 'save to Evernote' - then go to my Evernote and look for it - it's not there... BUT

If I create a note from within Evernote - all of the notes that were supposed to be saved from the helper suddenly appear.

Save to Evernote is working well in my installation

My troubleshooting steps would be

1. Reboot your computer, it solves many issues
  2. Delete and Reinstall the app
  3. More drastic recovery steps

To contact support 
All Accounts      Twitter @evernotehelps   
Paid Accounts   Contact Evernote Support 

I've had the exact same problem hit me intermittently. Helper had been functioning fine for several months, then out of nowhere it lost a note from a critical client call. 

If past experience holds true, your missing notes will mysteriously show up one day within the next week. Seems to be a problem with the local database. 

Bottom line, Helper can't be trusted.

• 8 months later...

Notes taken with the Evernote Helper while the main application is closed will be "invisible", but they are saved somewhere, since the next time you create a note with Helper and the main application is OPEN, then the "invisible" notes will suddenly all appear in your main app. (And thankfully on sync'd devices, BTW).

This sounds like some kind of a "buffer flush" kind of problem, which stopped early this year, and quite frankly it's pretty lame that Evernote hasn't released a bugfix for this yet - like many people, I used to use the Helper ALL THE TIME as it was super convenient. 

I've just signed up for Microsoft Office 365, which includes OneNote and 1TB of data storage, and I'm considering migrating - so Evernote, please get it together and release a fix for this so that you don't use me & all the other users like me who aren't posting to this forum ...

• Like 3

Thanks for the tip about keeping the main app open. I might live with it to contain my note sprawl. Right now I have about a 50/50 content split between new notes in Evernote and nvAlt just because of this Helper issue and it's making my brain hurt.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the exact same issue. My notes taken at the helper app at the Mac Menu bar disappeared after clicking "Save to Evernote" and not able to sync to Inbox of Evernote. Despite Evernote for Mac running and repeatedly clicking Sync.

This has been bothering me a lot in the past 6 months, as I use Helper on the Menu bar a lot to jog down important notes. I used to be Premium user and moved to OneNote on Mac, but like Evernote more from UX perspectively. This has me put off forking money to Evernote since it's been there for the last 6 months without any updates.

From Chris notes above I discovered I need to create another dummy notes from the helper and then both the dummy notes and my previous notes will re-appear. But I have wasted so much time and efforts before trying to find these disappeared notes.

Running Evernote on Mac (Version 7.5.2 (457164 Direct))  

• 3 months later...

I've been having the same problem. Thank God I found Chris's solution. Using it, I was able to retrieve the note I had just tried to save using Evernote Helper. Unfortunately, I don't think any of the earlier notes I had made, and lost, using the Helper have reappeared. This problem is extremely annoying, and I hope a permanent fix will soon be worked out. I've been trusting all of my notes to Evernote for over a decade and, if I'm going to be paying for a subscription service, I need to know that it's as bulletproof as humanly possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/10/2018 at 4:10 AM, jmozart said:

I have the exact same issue. My notes taken at the helper app at the Mac Menu bar disappeared after clicking "Save to Evernote" and not able to sync to Inbox of Evernote. Despite Evernote for Mac running and repeatedly clicking Sync.

This has been bothering me a lot in the past 6 months, as I use Helper on the Menu bar a lot to jog down important notes. I used to be Premium user and moved to OneNote on Mac, but like Evernote more from UX perspectively. This has me put off forking money to Evernote since it's been there for the last 6 months without any updates.

From Chris notes above I discovered I need to create another dummy notes from the helper and then both the dummy notes and my previous notes will re-appear. But I have wasted so much time and efforts before trying to find these disappeared notes.

Running Evernote on Mac (Version 7.5.2 (457164 Direct))  

This is definitely a bug with the helper that needs to be fixed. It's very frustrating and has been a problem for a while. I'm so close to switching to OneNote too and with so many of these bugs in Evernote (across the platforms) just pushes me closer to leaving my Premium subscription behind!

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...