Cannot write @ on Hungarian keyboard after installing Evernote Desktop

Hi all,

I am using Evernote since 1,5 year now, always logging in in a browser from my PC. Today I tried the desktop version for Windows and it was a huge disappoitment for me!!! I cannot write @ anymore, because on a Hungarian keyboard it is Alt Gr + V, which triggers Evernote desktop's "Clip" (in the lower right corner I see Clipped: [...], where [...] is the last thing I copied to the clipboard)

This is such a big problem for me that I had to uninstall Evernote and won't be installing it again until you tell me how to change Evernote shortcuts

And please please please don't use this on if customer uses hungarian keyboard!!!!

Thanks

• 4 years later...
  • Evernote Expert

You have replied to a 4 year old post for an old, outdated, application.

Was that your intention? If your issue is with v10 of the Evernote application then please let us know. 

If it is with V6 then try upgrading to v10 

• Level 5
On 1/6/2023 at 2:20 AM, IgorKozel said:

Hi, I do have same issue. I think Evernote team dont care about Europeans.

What @agsteele said. But I will add that there have been multiple, persistent problems with non-English keyboards in Evernote over many years. Could there be any hope in the fact that Evernote is now owned by a European company (Bending Spoons)?

• Level 5

Usually the problem can be solved by changing conflicting keyboard shortcuts.

Many (not all) can be edited to work with a different key combination. No need to change ownership just for that.

What in my opinion would be more important is RTL support. This can’t be done by the user himself.