Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×
Greg H.

"Clip failed" error on Android for "Clip Full Article"

23 horas atrás, Bernice disse:

The clipper on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 mobile worked for first time in weeks.

Just try it and didn't works yet. Still waiting a official fix.

I'm on 7.17.1 Evernote version on S7 Exynos. Clipping doesn't work at all

Screenshot_20180319-003237.thumb.png.2f8a83f5ee375ca5255f9a6f2a64070c.png

The latest version is supposed to have fixed clip formatting but 15 mins later, the link is clipped but it shows as follows. 

Screenshot_20180319-004532.thumb.jpg.dee8ebdc25431a751da5f51bddad3d00.jpg

Screenshot_20180319-004245.thumb.png.021cb2d38b51408acbaf0052586e190a.png

Edited by MayurH

56 minutes ago, MayurH said:

The latest version is supposed to have fixed clip formatting but 15 mins later, the link is clipped but it shows as follows. 

They have apparently fixed the problem of the clip failing altogether. There may still be sites out there that give the clipper problems with respect to formatting, and that's been the case for a long time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jefito said:

They have apparently fixed the problem of the clip failing altogether. There may still be sites out there that give the clipper problems with respect to formatting, and that's been the case for a long time.

Evernote did not have problem clipping from the same site last year. Screenshot below 

Screenshot_20180319-112859.thumb.jpg.759668bf66632b4d1ceb5a87076ba34c.jpg

"Clip failed" error on Android for "Clip Full Article"

Across several news articles, similar clipping problem here. Android Chrome to Evernote has been in "clipping" mode for four hours now. As suggested below I will try Safari, it may be a Chrome update problem

James

7 hours ago, MayurH said:

Evernote did not have problem clipping from the same site last year. Screenshot below 

As part of the discussion(s) on recent web clipping problems, it looks like some recent Chromium changes caused problems with the web clipper. By and large that's fixed (I've been clipping successfully for several days) but I got the impression that some of the changes were not easily worked around, so maybe that's the cause of what you're seeing. Look for posts by Evernote employee @Shane D. in this thread for more info. Another possibility is that maybe your sample web site has changed its format so that it no longer works the same -- you could test that by clipping the page that worked for you in the past, and comparing it to the one that works now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jefito said:

As part of the discussion(s) on recent web clipping problems, it looks like some recent Chromium changes caused problems with the web clipper. By and large that's fixed (I've been clipping successfully for several days) but I got the impression that some of the changes were not easily worked around, so maybe that's the cause of what you're seeing. Look for posts by Evernote employee @Shane D. in this thread for more info. Another possibility is that maybe your sample web site has changed its format so that it no longer works the same -- you could test that by clipping the page that worked for you in the past, and comparing it to the one that works now.

The same article clipped just now on my S7 using Chrome browser version 65.0.3325.109

Screenshot_20180319-195543.thumb.jpg.0ef5328465d7ecfdeee8c754a8c0a437.jpg

Clipped the same using Firefox browser version 58.0.2

Screenshot_20180319-200429.thumb.jpg.6c72ac931ef84ba822fc0291a561cdcb.jpg

Edited by MayurH

@MayurH, after the update, seems that the problem was fixed (at least in my case). Sometimes the formatting sucks, but a reclipping is sufficient to work. Hope that works for you. 

• Like 1

As I have reported several times here, it has worked for me for several weeks. Happy days are here again!

I updated to v. 7.17.1, and the clipping is better than it was before, but still has problems with complex pages. It seems that they are working on it, and gradually getting it fixed. The post from @StuartG gives some background:

I'm on 7.17.1 Evernote version on my Galaxy Note 8.  Clipping of full web pages still doesn't work. 

On 3/23/2018 at 6:30 PM, Ronni MD said:

I'm on 7.17.1 Evernote version on my Galaxy Note 8.  Clipping of full web pages still doesn't work. 

Does it not work for any Web page? I find that it works OK on simpler pages, though more complex ones certainly still have problems.

It seems like clipping works again as of April,  1. These conjugation tables were  a complete mess a couple of days ago.Screenshot_20180401-195808.thumb.png.1bad0b001faf8c14534ff1b7b94c1c7a.png

is there much point in contributing to this thread?  Clearly EN is aware this is a big issue, but I'm not sure any amount of comments on forums will expedite the arrival of error-free software updates.  I've been frustrated for quite some time now, I've even somewhat started to think about exit/exportation strategies, (there's an app called "Turtle" that seems pretty good, and Google Keep has several appealing aspects.  Obviously Evernote is super robust, that's pretty much keeping me from bailing ship.  And apps like Filterize and Nixnote 2 also make staying in the EN ecosystem more bearable.  But the syncing on Android thing is very irksome ?

Screenshot_20180614-230758.png