??clear cache?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, johncorwin said:

can someone help clarify for me what it means to clear cache? risks/benefits of doing it and not doing it. thanks in advance.

flexinib

Which platform?

Generally, this is not a user action.  The applications handle data stored in the cache.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, johncorwin said:

thanks Super Guru for responding. 

i have Premium and primarily use it on iPhone 6, occasionally on mac platform.

not sure if i should be clearing my cache or not. thanks.

flexinib

EN sets some sort of water level for cached notes and purges the old note contents in a way not known to me so it won't eat all the storage on your phone.  However, if you need space on your phone, yes, you should clear cache.  This will clear the note contents of any viewed notes.  Downside is that the next time you access the notes the contents will have to be downloaded again. 

Plenty of reading available on the subject in a more general form.

image.png.09ec1b0e3ff3f6ea604c06ef5ddd5f29.png

• Level 5*
46 minutes ago, johncorwin said:

thanks Cal. so, to be clear, clearing one's cache will not cause loss of info in notes? it may just take longer to open them?

flexinib

You are welcome, and you got it!  Be sure you sync before you clear cache just to be sure any recent changes made on the phone have been uploaded to the server.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, johncorwin said:

benefits of doing it

As I mentioned, clearing the cache is not a standard user function.

More of a browser problem, sometimes the cache is holding corrupted data.  A web page or note simply won't display properly.  Clearing the cache forces a reload of the note/page and fixes the issue

Archived