Cannot access Evernote b/c the "upgrade" pop-up window is modal and doesn't allow me to exit

Starting today, even though there hasn't been any Evernote update that I'm aware of since the first week of January, when I open the application (MacOS-HighSierra), I am greeted with a partially rendered "upgrade" window that I cannot exit out of.  The window is modal so I cannot access anything in the application...you can see the window in the attachment.  If I click on the "lightening bolt" icon in the green bar, it takes me to the "upgrade version selection" page, which we are all too familiar with, but no matter what I click, I can exit out of this window either.  It seems like the only option is for me to upgrade my Evernote version, which I do not want to do.  Also, since both windows are missing text, I cannot actually tell what input is required.

Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas...this makes the desktop version of the app totally useless :(

-Chris

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 2.49.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 2.56.41 PM.png

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, cnic said:

when I open the application (MacOS-HighSierra), I am greeted with a partially rendered "upgrade" window that I cannot exit out of.

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices

My process is

1. Reboot the device. it solves many problems
  2. Delete and reinstall the app
  3. Completely remove Evernote app, database, ...
    The app AppCleaner is recommended for this
    Reinstall the app, login to your account.  The database will be rebuilt from the servers
    Warning: the rebuild doesn't include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes

Archived