Can't share notebooks that allow editing?

Coraye

Has anyone else tried to share a notebook with someone, set permissions to "can edit and invite,"  but the other person still only has "read only" access? Is there a limit to shared notebooks with "edit" access if you have a basic account? For the life of me, I can't figure it out. Everything looks savvy on my end...is this a bug?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Always good to know what OS and Evernote version you're using - web / desktop / mobile...

Has your colleague received shares before?  Did s/he receive an email to introduce it?  What prompts were clicked at their end to accept it?

-The easy way to tech this may be to cancel the share from your end,  sync your Evernote to confirm the change,  then re-share the notebook to the same address.  If your colleague then restarts their system and accepts the share again,  maybe the second time really will be lucky...

Just wanted to say thank you...uninstalling Evernote desktop, unsharing the notebook using the web version, and then resharing from web finally allowed him to edit. I'll just use web only from now on. Thanks for the tip!

Archived