duplicate paragraphs in notes

Vajravelu

Hi,

I use evernote web edition to work with my notes, on linux mint 17.3, and i copy paste contents into notes
now the problem is while copy pasting , sometimes instead of pasting new copied contents in to the notes , the content of the whole notes gets pasted again and its not noticeable immediately
and over time there are several duplicate paragraphs in the notes and its hard to remove them especially when the notes have thousands  of lines.

and i am having hard time removing duplicate lines/paragraphs in notes

• Level 5*

Hi.  Personally I don't like long notes,  and the thought of 'thousands of lines' is positively scary.  Big notes are hard to manage,  slow to load on anything but the desktop on which they were created (and even then...) and catastrophic to lose.  I prefer either:  lots of small notes tied together by titles,  tags,  and maybe a Table of Contents note;  or my longer documents are usually in Word or some other dedicated editing app that has more features.

I'd guess that your current issue is to do with an intermittent or slow connection - packets being sent to Evernote are interrupted,  and the transfer of data restarts from the wrong moment.  On any Mac or Windows system the answer would be to work in the installed version.  Linux however is unsupported,  and the Web is your only option unless you have a tablet with iOS or Android which might have a better experience...

• Level 5*
On 1/23/2018 at 1:47 AM, Vajravelu said:

now the problem is while copy pasting , sometimes instead of pasting new copied contents in to the notes , the content of the whole notes gets pasted again and its not noticeable immediately

Are you saying that Evernote is somehow duplicating your note content, or is the duplication a result of uncareful copy/paste operations?

41 minutes ago, jefito said:

Are you saying that Evernote is somehow duplicating your note content, or is the duplication a result of uncareful copy/paste operations?

yes evernote is duplicating the content ,its not due to erroneous copy paste.  

Archived