Will Loving

Typing Delay on Mac OS (10.11.6) and EN 6.13.3

I've been using Evernote for about three years and regularly experience delayed while typing in a new or existing note. Several letters or words will appear as I type and then nothing even as I continue to type. After a moment or six, it will catch up, sometimes just a few letters sometimes several words appearing at once. I've tried to look for a pattern such as whether there is a consistent amount of time between each delay but it's hard to write coherently and track time at the same time. What it looks like is that it is syncing/saving the note in the background and each time it does there is a delay in displaying the keyboard input.

Late 2009 - iMac 27" 2.8Ghz Intel Core i7; 8GB RAM

Mac OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan).

Evernote 6.13.3

I concur, getting similar issues.  Mine also goes to the spinning color wheel for 1-15 seconds.  VERY distracting, especially since I'm using this application to take notes with.  Hard for this to be a dependable note taking app when it intermittently freezes.

When I check Activity Monitor, I see that the Evernote process has pegged the CPU to over 100% and occasionally show "Evernote not responding" in red.

Using Evernote 6.13.3 on a MacBook Pro Retina circa Mid 2015 running an i7 on macOS Sierra v10.12.6.  

3 hours ago, Ryan Slye said:

When I check Activity Monitor, I see that the Evernote process has pegged the CPU to over 100% and occasionally show "Evernote not responding" in red.

I don't know the cause, but I'd shut down and restart the app.  Also monitor the memory usage; sometimes it skyrockets

The Evernote Activity Log might provide more information