Sync button shows error but sync behaviour is fine

bsquared

Idea

So the sync button on my Windows 10 machine shows the general appearance for an error.

However the sync process takes place as it should and works fine.

I'm running Evernote 6.9.2.6423 (306423) Prerelease (CE Build ce-1.36.3494)
[side note: this seems to be a beta issue, maybe?]

I tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling but the problem persists (really just a cosmetic thing).  I confirmed that the syncs happen because my phone and the web client show my changes...

Attached is an image of how this looks on my machine (just the image of the button)

Capture.PNG.2a8530f67eb969a2f2c1b101f14ebd83.PNG

Anyone else have this (slight) issue? 

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 1/20/2018 at 10:28 AM, bsquared said:

Attached is an image of how this looks on my machine (just the image of the button)

Capture.PNG.2a8530f67eb969a2f2c1b101f14ebd83.PNG

Check your activity log, or contact Evernote support with your log. You probably do have an issue. It might be with one note and everything else is syncing just fine. The log is in the Help|Activity Log screen. It should tell you the note or issue it is having a problem with.

• Level 5*
On 1/20/2018 at 11:28 AM, bsquared said:

Hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the sync icon.  Any notes that appear are the problem.  Modify the note in some way and then sync to see if the problem clears up.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, CalS said:

Hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the sync icon.  Any notes that appear are the problem. 

I did not know that. Very cool. Now I want a sync issue to see that happen. :D

7 hours ago, CalS said:

Hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the sync icon.  Any notes that appear are the problem.  Modify the note in some way and then sync to see if the problem clears up.

Wow I did NOT know about that feature.  Or that I had those problematic notes still (I usually clean out my trashed notes fairly often :P)

Thanks for pointing this out!

Any reason why these notes don't appear in another notebook called something similar to "conflicting changes" like the conflicts do? 

• Level 5*

You are welcome.  Don't know why the problematic notes aren't brought to the fore or "quarantined" somehow, nor what the causes of making a note unsyncable are.  Need someone from EN to weigh in on that.  Just know how to find them.  

Archived