Copy note link not working....

I am running High Sierra and my desktop Evernote is v. 6.13.3.. 

I use the Copy Note Link all the time and on the desktop that feature doesn't work right anymore. If I use the web version of Evernote it works fine. 

Here is a screenshot of the correct Copy Note Link in a note (done on the web version of Evernote) and below it is the same Copy Note Link copied into the same note and notice that it is totally different. 

I'm not sure what's going on but it must be a bug. Anyone else having this issue? I am a Premium user. Judy

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 7.20.12 PM.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mrstucci said:

and below it is the same Copy Note Link copied into the same note and notice that it is totally different. 

Just to be clear, you

1. accessed Copy Link with a note,
  2. pasted into another note
  3. and ended up with the private web url

Its working ok for me, I end up with the note title and the in-app link

Does it work any better if you use the option key  Copy Link (forces the in-app link)
or simply dragging one note into the other

DTLow-If I am on my desktop Evernote and have a note that I want to use the Copy Note Link into another note, I right click on the note to Copy Note Link then go to the note where I want it pasted and paste it in there. 

In the past it would paste the note link and it would be green. Now when I paste it in the note where I want it, it's blue and it's simply a link, not green with the words from the title of the first note. I am sure I am confusing everyone but I don't know how else to explain it. 

1. Find the note that I want linked in note #2. 

2. Right click on note #1 and go down to Copy Note Link.

3. Go to note #2 and paste the link. 

This procedure works perfectly (like it used to work in the desktop version) when I am signed into Evernote on the web. It's just the desktop version that seems to be messed up. 

I did submit a ticket. Thanks for posting a reply. Judy

• Level 5*
On 2018-01-19 at 5:43 PM, mrstucci said:

3. Go to note #2 and paste the link

Just to confirm.  This was a simple paste  (command-v)

Paste-and-Match-Style will cause the issue you reported

DTLow-Yes, it is the Command + v shortcut.

And this morning I am happy to report that all is well! It's working like it is supposed to. Not sure why it's suddenly working but maybe I restarted my computer since the issue came up and that made Evernote happy. 

Thank you so much for your patience and your time. I appreciate that very much. Hope you have a good Sunday! Judy

Archived