Text from Note A has been overwritten by text from Note B"

Using A & B as replacement names for my notes...

Text from "Note A" has been overwritten by text from "Note B". All i did was make changes to Note B. I didn't copy anything from Note B, and did not paste anything from Note B into Note A. But now, Note A has all the text that was in Note B, and it has erased all of my text that I had in the original Note A. I have NO clue why this has happened, and it sucks because Note A has been a really important Note that I have been maintaining for the past 2 years.

Does anyone know how to help get the original notes back? This seems to be a really weird glitch/error of Evernote.

• Level 5*
On 2018-01-19 at 3:42 PM, Sam19 said:

Does anyone know how to help get the original notes back?

Are you using a current version of the software.  There used to be a bug causing this error, but it was fixed long ago

To recover data, I restore from backuos
I have personal backups and Evernote has a Note History backup running constantly

Access to the Note History data is a paid feature, but you can subscribe for a single month

Have you gotten this issue happening again?

Any info on how to reproduce so we can fix?  For example, the size of your note, is it big, too big, long note, has pictures, just think anything that can help us reproduce.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Same just happened to me on my windows PC version. Evernote got stuck for like one minute, nothing worked anymore. After one minute the program started working again, but I saw that two separate notes were identical with content, both containing a months work of gathering information. This is really annoying and I wonder if my other notes are safe, if this could happen this easily. 

I don't have a paid version, so can't retrieve the information. But I get one right now, is it still possible? Is evernote saving this data anyways, or do they start backing up stuff when you purchase a paid version?

• Level 5*

Hi.  I had a similar experience today,  though we're both in the wrong thread to discuss it.  Are you on Evernote 6.10.1 or 6.9?  Check the release thread for the correct version to post / search for  more on this...

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/111921-evernote-for-windows-610-beta-1/

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/111658-evernote-for-windows-69-released/

• Level 5*
On 2018-03-05 at 8:02 AM, Ruud H said:

Is evernote saving this data anyways,

Evernote's Note History backup is runnuing for all accounts, constantly.  It doesn't just start for paid accounts.
Access to the Note History data is a paid feature; you can subscribe for a single month

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Evernote's Note History backup is runnuing for all accounts, constantly.  It doesn't just start for paid accounts.
Access to the Note History data is a paid feature; you can subscribe for a single month

I guess the question might be for these data missteps which version is being added to history?  Old presentation adage, if one number on a page is wrong they all start looking wrong.  Not looking for an answer, just commenting.

Archived