Jwveld

Clip WebPage as PDF

Idea

I use Evernote for a lot of things. I love the clipping functionality, and use it a lot. I'm working on a Apple computer and have the following need/improvement.

Whenever I look at a webpage it is nicely formatted, the clipping I do of webpages are mostly articles from news sites / blogposts eetcetera. 
After clipping and viewing the Evernote note all the nice formatting is gone and the article is at best spread out over the page. Still readable but not nice.

What I would like is to have a PDF clipped as i see the article in my webbrowser. No blown up fonts, a clean article if it fits on one page it comes to one page etc. THe simplified look of the clipper is mostly perfect in size and looks. 

Thee are my thoughts.. please further this thinking...

Regards,

Jan 

6 replies to this idea

15 hours ago, Jwveld said:

What I would like is to have a PDF clipped as i see the article in my webbrowser. No blown up fonts, a clean article if it fits on one page it comes to one page etc. THe simplified look of the clipper is mostly perfect in size and looks. 

I've noticed many web pages use html voodoo that doesn't display correctly in Evernote
Also trying to insert text into the note get's messy

I mostly use screen grabs.  On the Mac, we have a Helper tool that works well for this
I also print the web page to pdf

Thank you.. 

The neat function of Evernote Clipper is that it just does my wanted article without the mess around it. When printing the page to pdf I get the mess back.

And Helper Tool.. where do you refer to? Were to find that?

A web search on 'web clip to pdf' turned up a number of possible solutions -- have you tried any? Once you have a PDF, then you'd save it to an Evernote import folder, you'd have it.

I don't know what the options are on a Mac, but in Windows when I click the Evernote Web Clipper icon in my browser, it offers (among others), Article, Simplified article, and Full page. If you have those options, do any of them work better than others? Also, does it matter what browser you use?