New Android user

I have a new Lenovo Tab 4 running Android 7.1.1.
I try to open a Word attachment from one of my notes.
Evernote asks me if I want to view or edit the attachment.
When I click View the document opens and everything runs flawlessly.
However when I ckick Edit I get the error message " No application found to open this attachment."
How come?
Editing Word attachments is very important for me...
Can anyone help me please?
Thank you!

Oded.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, oded said:

I have a new Lenovo Tab 4 running Android 7.1.1.
I try to open a Word attachment from one of my notes.
Evernote asks me if I want to view or edit the attachment.
When I click View the document opens and everything runs flawlessly.
However when I ckick Edit I get the error message " No application found to open this attachment."
How come?

Just to be clear, do you have an app installed to edit Word Documents?

>>Editing Word attachments is very important for me...

Then you need to install an app that edits Word documents

Evernote allows you to attach files to a note; any format.  This does not mean Evernote can edit files of any format

17 hours ago, DTLow said:

Just to be clear, do you have an app installed to edit Word Documents?

>>Editing Word attachments is very important for me...

Then you need to install an app that edits Word documents

Evernote allows you to attach files to a note; any format.  This does not mean Evernote can edit files of any format

Of course I have WORD installed!
I have no problems opening and editing other WORD documents.
Please note that the error message doesn't say anything about editing the document.
It says  " No application found to open this attachment."
But like I've said this document is opened flawlessly when I say I just want to view it...
Thank you!
Best regards,

Oded.

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, oded said:

Of course I have WORD installed!
I have no problems opening and editing other WORD documents.
Please note that the error message doesn't say anything about editing the document.
It says  " No application found to open this attachment."
But like I've said this document is opened flawlessly when I say I just want to view it...

Then definitely the message is in error.  Sorry, I'm not an Android user and I can't troubleshoot it

On my Mac and iPad the viewer is a diffent process than editing
There are viewers for various formats and we don't need the native app installed

4 hours ago, DTLow said:

Then definitely the message is in error.  Sorry, I'm not an Android user and I can't troubleshoot it

On my Mac and iPad the viewer is a diffent process than editing
There are viewers for various formats and we don't need the native app installed

Thank you DTLow :)
I hope some Android user will help...

• Level 5

I haven't had this problem myself, but I've seen it mentioned here before. I believe the solution may be to uninstall the Evernote app (making arrangements for any offline notes first!!) and then reinstall it. Be sure to sync before you uninstall! Somehow the app may have "forgotten" about the editing app. Apart from offline notes, Evernote stores essentially nothing on your phone, and downloads notes as needed, so you shouldn't lose anything. But if you have offline notes, you might want to change them to regular synced status before doing a sync and uninstalling/reinstalling, then back to offline after the reinstall and new sync.

56 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I haven't had this problem myself, but I've seen it mentioned here before. I believe the solution may be to uninstall the Evernote app (making arrangements for any offline notes first!!) and then reinstall it. Be sure to sync before you uninstall! Somehow the app may have "forgotten" about the editing app. Apart from offline notes, Evernote stores essentially nothing on your phone, and downloads notes as needed, so you shouldn't lose anything. But if you have offline notes, you might want to change them to regular synced status before doing a sync and uninstalling/reinstalling, then back to offline after the reinstall and new sync.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote.
It didn't help :(
I get the same error...
Thanks anyway, Dave.

• Level 5

I'm sorry that didn't work. Trying to think creatively, another approach might be to go into the phone's Default Application settings, finding the app that you've set to edit Word documents, and clear its defaults. Perhaps that would let Evernote allow you to select it again for this purpose (and of course you'd have to do the same in other apps again as well).

On 1/17/2018 at 9:48 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I'm sorry that didn't work. Trying to think creatively, another approach might be to go into the phone's Default Application settings, finding the app that you've set to edit Word documents, and clear its defaults. Perhaps that would let Evernote allow you to select it again for this purpose (and of course you'd have to do the same in other apps again as well).

Thank you Dave :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived