Annoying New User Information in Note List

evb

Idea

I am using

6.9.2.6423 (306423) Prerelease (CE Build ce-1.36.3494)

- German Version -

on Win7 Pro.

Since a couple of days (most likely, the last beta update) I see some kind of a New User Information in my note list. Fine if I wasn't a 10-year-long user of EN. I tried to uncheck the pertinent option in the options ("Helfer-Benachrichtigungen"). Either this is not the correct place, or the option change is not working. Every time I start EN I find this information again on top of my note list.

Well, just a click but still annoying.

EDIT: The information window is called "Basics". Maybe I just do not find the right place where to disable it.

Cheers, EvB.

16 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Ken Wilson said:

The "Evernote Essentials" pop up is STILL an issue and its driving me mad. Been happening every time I start up Evernote for longer than I can remember (maybe 1+ years). I have uninstalled Evernote for Windows many times, 'completed' the "Evernote Essentials" pop up instructions several times, kept the software updated and gone through all the settings. It STILL appears. 

I am a paid member and have used Evernote for 10 years!!! Evernote it dropping the ball and their software (at this stage) is a mess. 

I am using Windows 10.1 with Evernote version 6.17.5.8273 (308273) Public (CE Build ce-62.1.7539).

This issue is also raised in the following note: 

Hi.  Did any of this help?  

The "Evernote Essentials" pop up is STILL an issue and its driving me mad. Been happening every time I start up Evernote for longer than I can remember (maybe 1+ years). I have uninstalled Evernote for Windows many times, 'completed' the "Evernote Essentials" pop up instructions several times, kept the software updated and gone through all the settings. It STILL appears. 

I am a paid member and have used Evernote for 10 years!!! Evernote it dropping the ball and their software (at this stage) is a mess. 

I am using Windows 10.1 with Evernote version 6.17.5.8273 (308273) Public (CE Build ce-62.1.7539).

This issue is also raised in the following note: 

8 hours ago, dconnet said:

That option has nothing to do with this panel (also know as the First Launch Experience, aka FLE). This will auto-show if there are unchecked items. As I remember, we will auto-show 3 times. (If you manually show it via Help->Explore Evernote, close it, repeat, that will count as the 3 iterations.) This is remembered in a local file (the XXX.exb.context database file). So if you delete that, EN will "forget" what you've seen.

Thank you for the explanation. Well, as a 9-year-user with X clients and close to 20K notes, I rather do not need a First Launch Experience. And at least with me, it does not vanish after a couple of starts. I have seen it now at least 30 times, I have dismissed it at least as many times and I even tried to walk through the 5 steps to get rid of it. 

So, please be kind enough to have a look at it or to provide an option to get rid of it. As I said before, no big deal but annoying.

Cheers, EvB

On 1/15/2018 at 2:41 AM, gazumped said:

Unticking 'show helper notifications' in Tools > Options > General and then File Exiting Evernote should 'fix' the setting for you.

That option has nothing to do with this panel (also know as the First Launch Experience, aka FLE). This will auto-show if there are unchecked items. As I remember, we will auto-show 3 times. (If you manually show it via Help->Explore Evernote, close it, repeat, that will count as the 3 iterations.) This is remembered in a local file (the XXX.exb.context database file). So if you delete that, EN will "forget" what you've seen.

2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  Usual case - I have the latest beta on Windows 10,  and I haven't seen anything like this...  :huh:

I’ll investigate more later today and report. I did report the related issue that the nav pane keeps collapsing 

15 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Ah.  That's the 'help' for new accounts.  Odd that you're getting it on a 10-year old account.  Maybe that's a new default setting. 

Unticking 'show helper notifications' in Tools > Options > General and then File Exiting Evernote should 'fix' the setting for you.

If you are on the latest beta and exiting the app doesn't fix the problem,  I'd suggest you raise this in the release thread where the devs will be watching for comments...

Thx for your replies. I just verified: It is not 10 years, after all. Just 9 years and 2 days :-)

Yessir, did that (I just had another try with truly ending EN). Besides, every morning that is my good morning user experience when I turn on my office computer.

Ups, I thought I had posted in the Beta thread. Sorry for that. 

Yep, I unticked the option equivalent in the German version to the one you mentioned. Did not help.

I try to shift to the Beta thread ...

Cheers, EvB

• Level 5*

Ah.  That's the 'help' for new accounts.  Odd that you're getting it on a 10-year old account.  Maybe that's a new default setting. 

If you are on the latest beta and exiting the app doesn't fix the problem,  I'd suggest you raise this in the release thread where the devs will be watching for comments...

• Level 5*

Hi.  What sort of user information are you seeing?  I have the same version on Windows 10 and my note list looks like this -

5a5c7e3ae2ba6_ScreenClip2.png.7a4285dd8886e50d5f91e7a0bfd987b7.png

('Created 2999' is just to keep that marker note at the very top of my list.)

Archived