Integrate Handwriting with Text Note in Windows

Karen Evernote

Idea

Can't handwrite directly onto notes

Hi there, I'm trying to use my lenovo x1 yoga stylus to write directly onto a note. I've tried using the paperclip, but there is no option to select the pen. The only option is to attach a file. I've enabled handwriting in the toolbar but it opens a new note where I can handwrite - although this cannot be integrated within a typed note.

my question is: how can I incorporate handwritten and type notes into one note?

Thank you!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 replies to this idea

Hello, I'm basically looking for the same functionality. Meanwhile I switched to a MS surface book laptop and love the pen handwriting capabilities of this device and would like to see that integrated and used within the Evernote app. There is some basic functionality in the android version of Evernote but it needs to be editable, in the android version after handwriting this becomes a picture.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I would like to see functionality like OneNote has in handwriting recognition with a digital pen that remains looking like handwriting. I like the visual representation of my handwritten notes, but with the ability to search them. Looks like this feature exists for Mac users with Notability integration. Can't find a Windows equivalent for my Surface Pro. I've been a long time Evernote Premium subscriber, but this may become a deal breaker for me. 

• Like 1

Same. I can create a new note with the handwriting option and then can edit via text or handwriting. This is great because this allows me to draw or scribe notes which is what it was intended to do. It seems however that unless you originally created the note with the handwriting option, you can never do that. How come you can for one but not the other? Like others, we have a bunch of existing notes that may not have originated as a handwriting option and there's no way to do so? 

Defeats the whole purpose of buying tablets or phones with pens if you can't even use it for existing notes.