SwiftKey glitch in evernote

Can't seem to type properly in evernote with my SwiftKey keyboard. When I type edit an existing piece of text, it will auto correct to show the word with the first half shown twice. (example. Decidecisons). If I correct this and try to press enter after the next text I type, the auto correct seems to think I'm adding to the previous word.

I thought this was just a keyboard problem, but evernote is the only app that this is happening in. 

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I can verify this happens - got caught with this yesterday while updating a table.  EverEvery WoWord had it's own extra characters!  Switched to another keyboard to finish the edit,  then back to Swiftkey and into keyboard settings.  Dumped my history,  which seemed to fix it.  Very odd!

Came to the help board specifically for this. It has a very aggressive autocorrect. Even when I disable predictive text it still autocorrects (only in Evernote). Seems to be a recent problem too. I use this app on a daily basis, so it's really frustrating. 

Im experiencing the same issue with Evernote only, with a samsung s3 tablet.  So aggravating, cannot put anything into body of a note without random misspellings and fragments of words appearing when i use space bar, return key, forward slash etc.  Any permanent fixes? Im ready to abandon Evernote @ this point because it doesn't allow me do anything useful.  I can't make a note and have it be legible or readable after.

edit,  fixed,  downloaded TouchPal for keyboard.   Swiftkey was problem 

• Level 5

Hi All,

I wanted to let you know that our team is investigating into this issue.

As the Swiftkey keyboard is a third party application (a non-native Android keyboard), it may take us some time to identify the root cause of the issue.

However, we are aware of the issue, are working to address it, and I will follow-up with you once I have more information.

Also, if you find a viable workaround solution in the meantime, please share with the rest of the community!

Experiencing the same issue. 

When I type in any number then use a comma to separate number, it adds random numbers in between what I typed.  Its as if triggering something autocomplete or the space. 

I've tried clearing cache of app and delete the historical data in the app settings but still the same. 

Using evernote with pre installed SwiftKey on LGv20

Going to be moving away from evernote if it isn't fixed in by April. 

On 2/2/2018 at 8:09 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

As the Swiftkey keyboard is a third party application (a non-native Android keyboard), it may take us some time to identify the root cause of the issue.

However, we are aware of the issue, are working to address it, and I will follow-up with you once I have more information.

Also, if you find a viable workaround solution in the meantime, please share with the rest of the community!

Same issue for me. I figured the main trigger for this behavior was when I inserted a picture in the note (either a screenshot or a scanning of a document, which I do a lot!). Anything I did after that was deleting the picture! As if the automated space put after an object/text was overwriting the last object/text instead of adding to the end of the note.

I posted a bug report to Swiftkey just yesterday, as the annoyance begin to grow on me. They confirm the bug (says it happened after en Evernote update), and that they are working on it too. And suggested me to post to this forum as well. So now I do.

Workarounds: I simply switch to Gboard (native android keyboard) when writing Evernotes with pics in them. Takes quite some getting used to, though, and it simply won't let me type certain (special) words! If it can't predict the word, the word is not allowed... (until I find the setting to change, no doubt).

Sometimes hitting "simplify formatting" solves the problem. Especially when it happens in a webclip with pictures in it (as they tend to always have). But this won't do the thing, when I am embedding the pictures myself.

Swiftkey support staff also suggested to uninstall/reinstall Evernote on the phone, to prevent internal glitches. Don't know if it helps though.

On 02/02/2018 at 7:09 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

My workaround is to use Fleksy instead of SwiftKey. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, everyone. 

I've been giving SwiftKey a break, using Fleksy instead on the recommendation of another forum user, but a few months on I've reinstated my SwiftKey / Evernote combination and I have to say it's not exhibiting the letter and word repetition problem we were all seeing. 

Can any of you chime in with a similar experience? 

Archived