Record on one device while typing in the SAME note in another device?

New to Evernote and was wondering if I can record a lecture from my phone while using my computer to type out lecture notes in the SAME note at the same time? I would record from computer but I wanted a clear recording without the distractions of my taping on my keyboard. I know Evernote also has a function where if you click on a part of the note, it'll take you to the time in the lecture when that note was typed. Will this feature work if I'm using the two devices as described above? TIA!

• Level 5*

Hi.  The phrase 'recipe for disaster' comes to mind,  but you could always try it and see...

Evernote syncs from each linked device to the server,  and from the server back to each device;  so your phone will be saving an essentially blank note to the server,  with its audio file getting steadily larger.  Your laptop will be saving more and more text on the same note whilst also trying to update back to the blank note that your phone just saved as the most up to date version of that note...  Evernote might be smart enough to manage the job,  but you could also lose both text and audio,  which is probably a bad thing.

I'd suggest you just use a standard audio app (probably best to use one that saves to MP3 files) to record the lecture,  then save the completed audio file to your note after you finish typing the notes.  Leave Evernote closed on the phone until you're ready to save,  then open and sync the note to see your text,  before attaching the audio. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, mishayle said:

I know Evernote also has a function where if you click on a part of the note, it'll take you to the time in the lecture when that note was typed.

As per @gazump, you should not be updating the same note on different platforms at the same time

I'm not aware of the sync feature in Evernote.  I use a similar feature on my iPad with the Notability app

I use two devices.  For recording, the Cogi app on my iPhone.  For note taking, I use Notability on my ipad

I store the document as an attachment to a note, along with the recording files.  There is no sync, but the recordings have a timestamp 

Archived