Search Function, Mac DeskTop - does not work for me, Seeking Solutions

(I originally posted this here, but would like to publicize it further, ... I am cautious with E because underneath my concerns I still suspect it is the best notetaking app, ... So I want to be part of the community that is trying to steer improvements)

The E search function (Mac Desktop) is not working for me. I have been using E since 2009, database is 55GB and I am using Version 6.13.3 (455969 Direct)
Editor: 1.30.3433 (fec246b),

I have slowly transitioned to not relying on my Desktop E installation and using the Chrome E app and Simplenote (for text only notes), 

I have done quite a few re-installs to no avail,

Compare the attached images, searching for:  "The Last" Poetry, 

I use E for my teaching and publish via postach.io; E is a component of my workflow but I would now very much like to start reviewing strategies for changing my workflow, dropping E, and transitioning my content to ???? ... But it is going to be quite a project, 

Plenty have bemoaned the Sync issues and I am in the same boat, but as previously described I do not currently see an alternative, the variety of content (Images, Word, Excel, PPT documents, PDFS, Text) I have in E is not easily transitioned to other platforms, 

Any thoughts on solving the Search issues are also welcome, Thanks

Best,

Mac_TheLast_Poetry.thumb.jpg.4007474e9aa3d090851e001ecd75305a.jpgEvernoteWeb_TheLast_Poetry.thumb.jpg.fbd8a5197159b69c6025af08981be015.jpg

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, MosesMoses said:

Compare the attached images, searching for:  "The Last" Poetry, 

I moved the discussion to the Mac forum

Be aware " and other special characters are dropped in the search indexing
Quotes are used in the search box to indicate exact phrase searches

I created a "The Last" Poetry note
The search worked for me
"The Last" Poetry gave me 9 hits
"The Last Poetry" gave me 1 hit

You could try re-indexing your database5a579b0388c88_ScreenShot2018-01-11at09_12_16.png.d80fbffb171291c3994a6a0514b3a2ca.png
Hold down the option key when selecting Help to see the Troubleshooting menu

• Level 5*
On 1/11/2018 at 10:29 AM, MosesMoses said:

(I originally posted this here, but would like to publicize it further, ... I am cautious with E because underneath my concerns I still suspect it is the best notetaking app, ... So I want to be part of the community that is trying to steer improvements)

It is good that you want to alert others, get help, and participate in the Evernote community.

However, please don't cross post, as you just did, since this causes problems for everyone by diluting the responses.

Archived