¿Any Productivity Templates?

Javiervall

Hi there! i´d like to know if there is any template designed specifically for plannig and tracking one´s productivity. For example, imagine you are doing a proyect in your company and you have to finish tasks every day or in a specific date.

I´ve seen that some websites like basecamp or trello, have a very good and attractive desings for planning your actions, but so far i haven´t found a similar way in evernote, or at least a simple one.

If anyone could tell me whether i can find templates or how i could organize my proyects it would be very helpful

Thank very much 

Javier 

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Javiervall said:

Hi there! i´d like to know if there is any template designed specifically for plannig and tracking one´s productivity. For example, imagine you are doing a proyect in your company and you have to finish tasks every day or in a specific date.

I´ve seen that some websites like basecamp or trello, have a very good and attractive desings for planning your actions, but so far i haven´t found a similar way in evernote, or at least a simple one.

If anyone could tell me whether i can find templates or how i could organize my proyects it would be very helpful

No templates, but I have a workflow for planning and tracking productivity

I'm a fan of GTD (Getting Things Done) and apply the following points

• It's important to make a record of each task, and review them in project reviews
  • Don't be concerned so much with assigning priorities;
    It's more important to identify Next Action every time a task is completed
  • Use a calendar reminder for future dated tasks

My workflow is to record every task as a separate note

• I use the reminder feature to record start date and completion date
    Useful for future date requirements, current work, completion status, my GTD calendar reminder
  • I use a tag for each project
    Useful for viewing tasks and notes in periodic project reviews

I have a saved search shortcut for my current task list (reminderTime:* -tag:!Archive -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*)
This provides a list of all the tasks being currently worked on
I copy-links this list into my daily journal, adding checkboxes

hace 18 horas, DTLow dijo:

No templates, but I have a workflow for planning and tracking productivity

I'm a fan of GTD (Getting Things Done) and apply the following points

• It's important to make a record of each task, and review them in project reviews
  • Don't be concerned so much with assigning priorities;
    It's more important to identify Next Action every time a task is completed
  • Use a calendar reminder for future dated tasks

My workflow is to record every task as a separate note

• I use the reminder feature to record start date and completion date
    Useful for future date requirements, current work, completion status, my GTD calendar reminder
  • I use a tag for each project
    Useful for viewing tasks and notes in periodic project reviews

I have a saved search shortcut for my current task list (reminderTime:* -tag:!Archive -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*)
This provides a list of all the tasks being currently worked on
I copy-links this list into my daily journal, adding checkboxes

HI DTLow, first of all i´d like to say thank you for your quick response and i think that some of the steps you use in your workflow will be very useful for me.

Yesterday while i was serching throught the web, i found specific templates which could be useful as well, in fact, the website was recommended by an evernote post; https://simplifydays.com there she gives a lot of high quality content for improving productivity and offers a lot of free templates. I recommend you to have a look.

Once thing i am curious is about what you say "Don't be concerned so much with assigning priorities", i have always been said just the opposite because that is a way of focusing our minds...

Thank you and have a nice day! :)

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Javiervall said:

Once thing i am curious is about what you say "Don't be concerned so much with assigning priorities", i have always been said just the opposite because that is a way of focusing our minds...

Here's a reference that discussed GTD and prioritization

https://gettingthingsdone.com/2008/08/determining-priority-gtd-style/

From the Getting Things Done perspective you don’t want to assign “priority” to action items on the front end for a couple of reasons. The first is that priority always depends on the constellation of situations at hand. From a GTD view you just can’t decide priority in a vacuum. To the question, “What is the priority?” the question that needs to be asked to answer it is “…the  priority in what context?” When you know more about the the given situation in the moment, the priority becomes clear.

Archived