Password protected note lost and Evernote support is silent!

My note which was password protected for years suddenly lost. The only thing left behind is the title of the note with no content. The most interesting part is how on earth, a password protected notes suddenly becomes password-less. I was on a free plan and in order to report and get support from Evernote I had to upgrade to a paid plan (Plus). It's been more than 48 hours and I did not get any response yet. Today, I sent my second message and still waiting!!! I am already upset due to my lost notes and even worse very frustrated that support is not taking care of this urgent matter. Am I missing something here?

• Level 5*
On 1/10/2018 at 10:10 AM, iberkan said:

My note which was password protected for years suddenly lost. The only thing left behind is the title of the note with no content. The most interesting part is how on earth, a password protected notes suddenly becomes password-less. I was on a free plan and in order to report and get support from Evernote I had to upgrade to a paid plan (Plus). It's been more than 48 hours and I did not get any response yet. Today, I sent my second message and still waiting!!! I am already upset due to my lost notes and even worse very frustrated that support is not taking care of this urgent matter. Am I missing something here?

Note content definitely should not disappear all by itself.  Since you still have the note, even though it appears to be empty, if you upgrade to premium you should be able to use note history to recover a previous version of the note.

• Level 5*
On 2018-01-10 at 9:10 AM, iberkan said:

My note which was password protected for years suddenly lost.

I don't think there's any relevance to password protection; you've lost content in a note

My recovery method is to restore from backups.  I have personal backups and as @CalS  mentioned, Evernote has a Note History backup

• 4 weeks later...

DTL - Here's the issue and one I am currently Fuming over. Evernote has done a poor (very poor) job of coding their app and its PW feature. Ever noticed you can click in the blank screen with your password button ("••••••") and actually type into that space? Its not locked out in any way. ( Reminds me of some half-assed open source coding by some high-schoolers). When you click on the PW image, you then get you pop-up to enter in your PW and get entry into your note. HOWEVER, if your curser is sitting in that blank screen and you hit backspace or delete, the password button ("••••••") disappears. This actually deletes the entire notes contents and removes PW protection for said note! AND NO, its not in the trash, its magically gone and no way to "undo"! I have a sneaking suspicion this is intentional, to get force people to sign up to get access to even contact anybody at EVERNOTE, or recover the note "History", to reinstate it. With a password protected note, there should be no way in the world to edit or delete anything on that note without first properly entering in your password and gaining access to that notes content. EVERNOTE - YOU NEED A SOLUTION! I have already had to upgrade to premium once, to recover very important information. I downgraded again due to the fact that I utilize Evernote for only 2 notes (1 of which is important and PW protected) and do not need all of the other features that are offered. HOW DO WE GET SOME SUPPORT AROUND HERE? It doesn't matter if you are a Free or Premium account, this glitch is an issue and should be addressed. Now, time to go fork out $ for premium membership again. Be weary if you are working on multiple monitors. I was trying to access Evernote in 1 screen while working on content in another, (as I jump around to several virtual screens and work stations all day long), and while I thought I was working in one program I hit delete. Turns out, I had clicked on Evernote to enter in my PW, but (another glitch) the PW popup hid itself behind the program (which it does about 80% of the time) and I had to go back to my other screen to continue editing something. "Delete" and boom, NOTE TERMINATED! Now that I ponder this, I think its time for another PW protected note service that isn't shady, with 0 support. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 2.52.44 PM.png

Well Ryan, if you only use Evernote for 2 notes, I think you're probably not using the most appropriate product anyway.

But some feedback for you on your issue. I actually like the fact that you can write where you have put "you should not be able to write here". I have many notes where much of the content is not sensitive but I want to hide just a few parts of it, so I highlight those parts and encrypt them, and then I write other things around them. Evernote does not offer protection to a whole note, it allows you to encrypt as much as you want of one, but not necessarily all of one. I think they've got that right.

That said, the reason I am here today on a rare look at the forum is because their support is absolutely hopeless, and I'm a Premium user of 8 years.

• 3 years later...