Is searching literal terms with quotation marks not working in iOS?

I’m trying to search on my iPad with the terms in quotation marks, because I’m looking for the exact literal phrase: for example, “green bell peppers”, with the quotation marks included when I type in the search box. But Evernote is giving me plenty of results that just have “bell” or “bell peppers”, not the whole phrase. Is this expected behavior? Should I do something else if I want to search for an exact phrase?

Thanks!

• Level 5*
On 2018-01-10 at 1:43 AM, ibrown said:

I’m trying to search on my iPad with the terms in quotation marks

Quoted searches are working for me

I just tried a search without quotes; got hundreds of hits
With quotes; got 5 hits

Can you post a screenshot of your search page

Oops, sorry about the delay - I need to change my alerts so I see that people have replied ...

Here are two screenshots from my iPad. One was a search for green bell peppers, no quotation marks; the other was a search for “green bell peppers”, with quotation marks. Both have “648 notes found”. The results all seem to have, somewhere in the note, “green” and “bell” and “peppers”, but not necessarily together.

For what it’s worth, on my iMac, I get 642 notes found for green bell peppers, no quotation marks, and 112 notes with “green bell peppers”, with quotation marks; that search seems to work properly. Although I see that search terms often still aren’t being highlighted, on either device, but that’s a different issue.

(I don’t think I’ve posted screenshots here before - should I be doing something to strip out metadata in them?)

445B23DA-A994-4D82-96B9-D306A0C1F2B4.png

846C5C7F-BCA0-4B51-B81E-2EF0C7F762FA.png

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 8/19/2020 at 6:34 AM, stocky2605 said:

does not work for me right now. I've different results, Mac and Web are showing 4 results (correct) while iOS shows 39 results (not correct) - iOS is ignoring "" in search.

Hi @stocky2605, you may get a better response if you create a new post about this problem, instead of appending a comment to a post that is over 2 years old. In the new post, include a link to this one, but be sure to include details of your setup (Mac OS version, version of Evernote for Mac, Web Browser version, iOS version, and version of Evernote app for iOS) as it appears to be different from the original poster's setup.

• Level 5*
On 8/19/2020 at 5:34 AM, stocky2605 said:

does not work for me right now. I've different results, Mac and Web are showing 4 results (correct) while iOS shows 39 results (not correct) - iOS is ignoring "" in search.

Well that's weird.  I thought Web and IOS searches used the same engine???  Any offline notebooks in the mix?