Highlighting feature request

PriyaBanati

Idea

I would like to suggest a new feature for Evernote. I currently use Evernote for my study notes and research. I also use it as a personal decision making journal. I also use it for various work projects.  As I generate a lot of content, I find myself going back and re-reading my previous notes.  Like we can do with digital books, I would really value a 'highlighting' feature where as we read through our notes, we are able to highlight sections from it into one (or a journal of notes) note.  This way, I am able to parse out the insights from a large piece of content and organize them into notes to use in my work deliverables or study projects.

An example of this feature is on Kindle though it is a bit clunky - still very useful in distilling the highlights from a book and then organizing them by theme and generating new content with that.  The highlighted bits will have links at the end to take you back to the source note - it would be useful to hide these links when working on the aggregated highlights note itself.  Perhaps every Evernote comes with a 'Highlights' journal which has a default note that aggregates all the highlights by default and also user-created notes where users can point the highlight into.

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived