5 requests for our beloved note taking app

Giallou

Idea

Hello to all EN folks here and have a happy new year!

I would like to mention some focal points that giving me a hard time while using EN on iOS.

1) App still doesn't load as fast as it should. I am not expecting to load like Apple Notes but it still takes 2-3 seconds on my iPhone 7. On my iPhone 6 it can take up to 7seconds...(!)

2) I while I have no complaints about the design of the app, I would appreciate to be able to change the default font size.

3) Dark Theme option. This thread is hanging on the community forums like... forever. I saw that CEO C. O'Neil replied to someone on Twitter by saying "working on it" but this has been almost 2 months ago.

4) As a great -maybe the greatest- research tool, it offers and amazing web clipper but I still cannot understand why there is no append to note option. Bear notes app offers an awesome solution to this problem by letting you even choose if you want to append just the url or even the whole webpage. That's something that I would really appreciate since I don't find it handy to create table of contents to link notes all the time.

5) Last but not least: tables for iOS. It is not that I want to do excel stuff but there are some occasions that 2-3 lines could solve my problem.

That's all. 

I would love to hear your thoughts about it.

Have a happy 2018!

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

My thought is on "Beloved note taking app".   I'm just not overly fond of the Evernote editor.  
I'll use it for basic notes, but I use external editors for more complex workq.

I store the documents as attachments to notes.  Evernote is my Beloved digital filing cabinet

I don't mean this as a criticism of the Evernote editor
For me, it does the job; creating basic notes

On 1/8/2018 at 2:40 PM, Giallou said:

I would like to mention some focal points that giving me a hard time while using EN on iOS.

1) App still doesn't load as fast as it should. I am not expecting to load like Apple Notes but it still takes 2-3 seconds on my iPhone 7. On my iPhone 6 it can take up to 7seconds...(!)

2) I while I have no complaints about the design of the app, I would appreciate to be able to change the default font size.

3) Dark Theme option. This thread is hanging on the community forums like... forever. I saw that CEO C. O'Neil replied to someone on Twitter by saying "working on it" but this has been almost 2 months ago.

4) As a great -maybe the greatest- research tool, it offers and amazing web clipper but I still cannot understand why there is no append to note option. Bear notes app offers an awesome solution to this problem by letting you even choose if you want to append just the url or even the whole webpage. That's something that I would really appreciate since I don't find it handy to create table of contents to link notes all the time.

5) Last but not least: tables for iOS. It is not that I want to do excel stuff but there are some occasions that 2-3 lines could solve my problem.

That's all. 

Have a happy 2018!

...on my 6S Plus, it can, and normally takes, around 15 seconds just to load. I would like to see the priorities being speed and PDF manipulation (OCR and edit PDF functions) as the present system is sad and cumbersome.

On 1/8/2018 at 2:40 PM, Giallou said:

That's all. 

Have a happy 2018!

I also would like to comment on the time it takes for the app to open! For an app which many use to quickly jot down thoughts on the go, having to wait such a long time is a problem. In fact, it has become such a problem (on my iPhone 6) that I purchased a separate app to capture my thoughts quickly (that app is Drafts). Using Drafts, I can quickly enter what's on my mind, then easily export it to Evernote for storage. 

20 hours ago, jyc23 said:

I also would like to comment on the time it takes for the app to open! For an app which many use to quickly jot down thoughts on the go, having to wait such a long time is a problem. In fact, it has become such a problem (on my iPhone 6) that I purchased a separate app to capture my thoughts quickly (that app is Drafts). Using Drafts, I can quickly enter what's on my mind, then easily export it to Evernote for storage. 

Unfortunately I am with you guys @macneilpi . iPhone 6 & 6S are not that old devices and should load the app really fast. It bothers me too because asides from attachments and documents, I want EN to be my go to note app for everything. Especially when I need to search info really fast, or to write down immediately.

EN features are unique and amazing, but no one really wants an app who can run smoothly only on the latest iPhone. 

Archived