Filterize and Table of Contents notes

DTLow

• Level 5*

Evernote has a Table of Contents feature, a list of notes with links to the actual note.

This works well for static data, but for changing data we need the most current list

Third party app Filterize has a feature that will keep these ToC notes updated with the latest note list

There's a video at 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, TK0047 said:

Are you using it? If so, have you seen significant benefits?

I'm not a "Filterize" user
With my background as a developer and as a Mac user I roll my own automation using the built in scripting tools

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 4:57 PM, DTLow said:

I'm not a "Filterize" user
With my background as a developer and as a Mac user I roll my own automation using the built in scripting tools

Filterize looks very powerful and promising. Can you really build all the core functions of Filterize with the built-in Mac scripting tool?

• Level 5*
On 8/16/2018 at 2:44 AM, akrde said:

Can you really build all the core functions of Filterize with the built-in Mac scripting tool?

I'd give a qualified yes (mostly), the scripting is flexible
Of course there are more powerful tools available but we're all bound by Evernote APIs

One exception is that Filterize runs in the cloud; it's all automatic.
The Mac scripting requires a Mac computer.  I use Macs anyway, and I have a Mac Mini running at home on the back of my desk.

One feature I can't implement is, read-only notes.

• Level 5*
On 7/21/2018 at 6:15 AM, Dexdexter said:

Would you be willing to share your 'automation using the built in scripting tools'?

Sorry, I missed responding to this post2046468634_ScreenShot2018-08-16at07_37_55.thumb.png.f2c78df8e16492f0bcc8b229e736cbda.png
Yes, I'm willing to share and there's other scripters posting in the forums

The attached list is a partial list of my scripts.
I've also started a discussion thread at

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is a discussion about building a dashboard in Evernote here:

We at Filterize like the idea of a dashboard and we build a tool to create dashboards. You can create a note with different sections, like open todos, new notes or anything else you can search. Then Filterize can create a list of notes, fitting to a given search, into these section.

If you are done, it could look like this:

dashboard.thumb.gif.a9d01ba9edad90ed5f37f4288135310d.gif

More details, on how to create such a dashboard could be find at https://fltrz.io/xZs75N3Y2S

Disclaimer: I'm the CEO of Filterize. Filterize is an online cloud service that acts like your personal Evernote assistant. Tell Filterize what to do and it starts working instantly in the background for you. It simplifies repetitive tasks, avoids errors and saves time.

Archived