JRGRDZ

How do I add rows to a table in Evernote Web?

Idea

Hi,

I really love the ability to create tables in the desktop/mobile versions of Evernote. I recently switched over to working on a Chromebook (Samsung Plus). I'm using Evernote on the Web. How do I add a row to a table in the web version of Evernote. Help please.

Attaching an image of the table I have created on a desktop. How do I add a row?

Thanks,

Jorge 

Screenshot 2018-01-07 at 8.45.21 AM.png

17 replies to this idea

On 5/14/2018 at 8:14 AM, paul_vdd said:

Pressing tab in the last cell in Google Chrome on my Macbook did not work.

It did work in Safari however.

This worked back in January when JRGRDZ and Boblemarin suggested it... 

But it no longer works on Mac using Chrome Browser.

If you are using the old web interface, click on your avatar in the bottom left and choose "new web version".    I can add rows in that running on Chrome on Linux

Hi.  AFAIK you can only add rows in the desktop version (maybe mobile, too) but you can add another table below the one you already have...

• Thanks 1

Can only add rows and columns to tables on the desktop.  If you think you may have the need to add rows to a table you need to add the blank rows on the desktop beforehand, web or mobile.

• Like 1

Thank you both (gazumped and CalS). At the moment you cannot add rows on Evernote's web version of the platform. Got it!

Thanks for the suggestions. :) I already add extra rows, 5-10. Sometimes I just run out and would be nice to easily have the ability to add a row. -_-

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JRGRDZ said:

Thank you both (gazumped and CalS). At the moment you cannot add rows on Evernote's web version of the platform. Got it!

Thanks for the suggestions. :) I already add extra rows, 5-10. Sometimes I just run out and would be nice to easily have the ability to add a row. -_-

You are welcome.  Yeah, I deal with the same issue using mobile devices.  Minor PITA, but still a PITA.

On 1/7/2018 at 5:47 PM, JRGRDZ said:

Attaching an image of the table I have created on a desktop. How do I add a row?

Hello, the web version is terrible when working with tables :wacko: the only way to add a row is to put the cursor in the last cell at the bottom and hit the tab key.

• Thanks 3

Thanks Boblemarin!!! :):):)

It works!!! ?

I just tested it on the web version, iOS mobile version, chrome browser on a samsung plus, and chrome browser on a MBP as well. The trick is to have your cursor on the last row and the last column (furthest most right column). Then hit the tab key and a new row appears. 

Not so much with Windows using Chrome or Firebox browsers.  Tab key just tabs across the cell.  :( 

Ditto on my iPhone, assuming indent is the same as tab..

Thanks Boblemarin!!! :):):)

It works!!! ?

I just tested it on the web version, iOS mobile version (works if using a keyboard), chrome browser on a samsung plus, and chrome browser on a MBP as well. The trick is to have your cursor on the last row and the last column (furthest most right column). Then hit the tab key and a new row appears. 

18 minutes ago, CalS said:

Not so much with Windows using Chrome or Firebox browsers.  Tab key just tabs across the cell.  :( 

Ditto on my iPhone, assuming indent is the same as tab..

Hmm, I'm glad it's working on my Chromebook (Samsung Chromebook Plus) and MacBook Pro (using Safari and chrome browsers). I haven't tested on a windows machine using Chrome or Firefox. Wish it had a more consistent experience across platforms and browsers. For now I'l settle for it working on some browsers and platforms. Hope they fix this someday. :mellow: 

iOS for iPhone. Your absolutely correct (I was using a bluetooth keyboard), did't realize that the iOS keyboard had no tab. I went back and looked for it and it's nowhere to be found.

Pressing tab in the last cell in Google Chrome on my Macbook did not work.

It did work in Safari however.

• Thanks 1

Would love to get all the table editing options from the Mac client on the Web version.

Any chance we'll see this arrive someday?

10 hours ago, timjub said:

Would love to get all the table editing options from the Mac client on the Web version.

Any chance we'll see this arrive someday?

Its always possible,  but Evernote very rarely comment on whether or when new features might be released.

THANK YOU!!!

I was using the new version and somehow it reverted back.  Thanks again!

On 1/10/2018 at 1:07 AM, Boblemarin said:

the web version is terrible when working with tables :wacko: the only way to add a row is to put the cursor in the last cell at the bottom and hit the tab key.

On 1/10/2018 at 3:37 AM, JRGRDZ said:

The trick is to have your cursor on the last row and the last column (furthest most right column). Then hit the tab key and a new row appears. 

On 1/10/2018 at 3:42 AM, JRGRDZ said:

I haven't tested on a windows machine using Chrome or Firefox

I rarely use EN-Web.  95% of the time, I use EN-for-Windows desktop app, the remainder EN-for-Android, with a little iOS iPad mixed in.

Anyway, I just had need of this ability/feature, to add rows to a Table via EN Web... and the above quoted advice worked for me also when using a Windows machine + Chrome Browser. 

The only additional clarification to be aware of, is the user must make sure they are using the 'NEW' Version of EN-Web, not the 'OLD' Version.  Just click on your account icon in EN Web to see the option to switch Old-to-New, and vice versa.

• Like 1

Em 09/01/2018 at 12:07, Boblemarin disse:

Hello, the web version is terrible when working with tables :wacko: the only way to add a row is to put the cursor in the last cell at the bottom and hit the tab key.

Hi guys, just sayin that the hint of tab key in the last row/column works on Android version 7.12. Of course, you need to have a keyboard app that had "tab key". I'm using Grid Keyboard app.

Maybe helps somebody.