Flowcharts or different blocks

anthonyprice

Idea

Hi, 

I'm wondering why Evernote doesn't have native support for flowcharts (like Lucidchart, MindNode, Visio, etc). I often find myself wanting to make some sort of diagram with blocks, arrows, lines, etc but I can't do it in Evernote without using a different service. 

Does anyone know if something like this is coming?

As a paid customer and avid user of Evernote, it seems like the feature list for Evernote hasn't moved beyond basic notes, lists, and tables (without a full implementation to include iOS). I would love to have other note types beyond simple text, lists, and tables. 

Thanks!

• Like 3

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, Anthony Price said:

Hi, 

I'm wondering why Evernote doesn't have native support for flowcharts (like Lucidchart, MindNode, Visio, etc). I often find myself wanting to make some sort of diagram with blocks, arrows, lines, etc but I can't do it in Evernote without using a different service. 

Does anyone know if something like this is coming?

There's no indication of interest from Evernote in providing a flowchart feature

Evernote provides an editor that's suited for basic notes.  Their focus seems to be on adding word processing features

On the plus side, you can add file attachments to notes; any format.  My approach would be to use an editor that supports flowcharts

• Like 1
On 1/4/2018 at 9:46 AM, DTLow said:

My approach would be to use an editor that supports flowcharts

Any ideas about how one could do this? I would love to create a template in Evernote (Premium where, they allow you to save notes as templates) that allows you to build annotated flow charts. If I could design such a thing using a block would Evernote support that? Otherwise, if there a way to use something like lucidchart functionality within evernote?

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, dpmd said:

Any ideas about how one could do this?

A note can contain any format file as an attachment   
For example, I use the Notability app, and store the .note files in Evernote