Tag Sidebar Gone?

jhf555

Idea

I just upgraded Evernote to 6.13.1, and I can't figure out how to get the tag list sidebar to display.  I mean the sidebar where it would list all of your tags, and you could single-click on any of them and it would show you all of the notes with that tag. 

The closest I can get in the current version is to click "Tags", which shows me the gridded list of all my tags, and then double-click on one of them and it will show me all notes with that tag (but will no longer show my tags list, so I have to navigate back if I want to click a different tag).

Is the tag sidebar feature just gone, or is there some way to display it still?  It's a bummer if it's gone since tags are my main way of organizing my notes (I use them basically as a single-level directory structure), and the increased pain in navigating via tags would definitely slow me down.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, jhf555 said:

I just upgraded Evernote to 6.13.1, and I can't figure out how to get the tag list sidebar to display. 

Right click on Tags in the sidebar, or use the View Menu

5a4d384cf3b63_ScreenShot2018-01-03at12_07_45.png.caed4b045173679b6147d20a07326b44.png          5a4d36ea5953f_ScreenShot2018-01-03at12_01_57.png.1f453390d2ace35396abcd3fec732366.png

Thank you DTLow!  I figured out why I didn't see this option in my drop-down menu.  If you have the left sidebar collapsed into its minimalized state (i.e. just icons, no text), the "Show Tag List" option doesn't actually appear in that drop down menu.  Weird, and sort of seems buggy.  But anyway, thanks!

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, jhf555 said:

If you have the left sidebar collapsed into its minimalized state (i.e. just icons, no text), the "Show Tag List" option doesn't actually appear in that drop down menu. 

I forgot about that "feature"

I like a minimal sidebar, but need some width when I expand the lists.  So I keep the width indicated in my screenshot

Archived