Notebooks in Stacks won't sync properly on iPad when shared

I have a stack called "Recipes" and it's full of full of Notebooks like "Cookies", "Pasta", "Poultry", etc. etc. My mom has an Evernote account and I've shared all of these notebooks with her. Then, I went on her computer (she's older so I help get her organized) and put all of them in a stack I made for her in HER Evernote account, also called "Recipes". Everything shares fine on her MacBook Air, with all of the recipe notebooks falling under the "Recipes" stack. However, on her iPad, they all just show up, and don't fall under her "Recipes" stack. I tried deleting the iPad app, reuploading it and signing in again and it did the same thing. It won't put them into the "Recipes" stack like it does on her laptop. On the laptop, I can see another Stack only she has that's called knitting. Any suggestions? 

• Level 5*

Confirmed, the Stacks feaure is a method for each user to organize their notebooks
Notebooks are shared; Stacks are not shared
Your mother is free to organize notebooks into stacks as she wishes

Thanks so much for your quick reply, DTLOW. Yes, I agree. But I DID organize all of them on her computer into the Recipes stack. They are perfect there. But when I go onto her iPad they do not show up in that stack that I dragged and dropped into.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, bjkd said:

Thanks so much for your quick reply, DTLOW. Yes, I agree. But I DID organize all of them on her computer into the Recipes stack. They are perfect there. But when I go onto her iPad they do not show up in that stack that I dragged and dropped into.

Sorry, I missed that point

I would check the master data version on the server using the web platform (www.evernote.com).  This will show if the stacks/notebooks uploaded from the Mac

Thanks - great suggestion! Did that and what I found was a bit disconcerting... each Notebook appeared twice! I went back to MY computer, opened Evernote and renamed one of the Notebooks by putting the letter "X" at the end of it to see which Notebook on my Mom's web-based Evernote account would reflect the change and both of that name did! I then moved all of the recipe notebooks - the notebooks and each's respective duplicate - into her "Recipes" stack, checked Evernote both in her iPad and on her MacBook Air app and everything looks perfect! I guess I'll just leave all the duplicates as is but it is a bit strange that they're all there. Any ideas why?

• Level 5*

I tested shared notebooks on my machines and added to a stack on my Mac.

I was unable to duplicate your results.  No notebook duplication on the web, and the stack sync'd to the web and my iPad 

Archived