[Feature request] - Note history - Improve Workflow!

Infor

Idea

Today I messed up a note and needed to restore an older version. Well, it worked, but the user experience is just terrible: 

1. Design: The dialog looks awful and does not match the Evernote Mac interface. 

2. Preview Function: There is no way to preview older versions. You have to fully restore a version to see its contents, which makes picking the right version a pain. 

3. Restore into the original note: It is not possible to overwrite a note with an older version. When restoring an old version, Evernote always creates a new notebook, which then contains a new note with the restored version. Who needs a separate note and separate notebook? I usually copy over the note's content to the original note. Then I delete the notebook Evernote has created. 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Infor said:

2. Preview Function: There is no way to preview older versions. You have to fully restore a version to see its contents, which makes picking the right version a pain. 

Note History displays a  two column list, version date on the left, import link on the right5a4ac73fba95a_ScreenShot2018-01-01at15_41_00.png.ce1255585b17d54698776fdf4b7e0b65.png

Clicking on a version date gives you a preview of the version

>>3. Restore into the original note

If you click on import, the import process runs
- downloads the .enex file
- imports into Evernote (New Note)

From the preview, you can copy selections and paste into the original note

5a4ac744229da_ScreenShot2018-01-01at15_41_21.png.c2a342f46d262cbc1b14314d4cc95d67.png

21 minutes ago, DTLow said:

>>3. Restore into the original note

If you click on import, the import process runs
- downloads .enex file
- imports into Evernote (New Note)

If you click on preview, you can copy selections and paste into the original note

>> 2. Preview Function

Thanks - I overlooked that functionality, which does not speak for the UI design here!  Evernote should redesign this. 

>> 3. Restore into the original note:

I think the current workflow should is one option. The option of restoring a previous version into the original note should be added!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Infor said:

The option of restoring a previous version into the original note should be added!

I added my vote.  Until then, my procedure is to copy and paste from the backup
The current .enex import has some deficiencies
-  Notebook is not retained
- Tags are not retained (an option if you run your own backup)
- It's a new note - existing note links point to the old note

Archived