Scannable Document Not Saving in Evernote

BSokal

I have a iPhone X. I scanned 38 documents on my iPhone in Scannable. Scannable indicates "Saved to Evernote, Photos". I am able to view the documents in my iPhone's camera roll but not in Evernote. I opened Evernote both on my iPhone and my PC but the documents do not show up. Scannable settings show Scannable as the default notebook. I have tried synching but it did not resolve issue. Any help would be appreciated!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Did you scan all 38 documents in one operation?  I'd imagine that would generate a lot of big files which may take a little while to sync with your account.  I'd suggest checking that you're able to access a quick network connection,  and allowing the device to catch up.  Since you have the pictures on the iPhone you'll be able to share them to Evernote if the Scannable sync doesn't happen.  Also check your scannable settings,  and if you don't see the notes in your account in 24 hours,  see if you can post a screengrab of the settings here (with any personal details hazed out).

If you have the standard Evernote app on your device it should also be possible to scan direct to notes using Evernote's camera.

• Level 5*
On 2017-12-28 at 5:12 PM, BSokal said:

I have a iPhone X. I scanned 38 documents on my iPhone in Scannable. Scannable indicates "Saved to Evernote, Photos". I am able to view the documents in my iPhone's camera roll but not in Evernote. I opened Evernote both on my iPhone and my PC but the documents do not show up. Scannable settings show Scannable as the default notebook. I have tried synching but it did not resolve issue. Any help would be appreciated!

In Scannable, you can reload "Recents" and try re-sending to Evernote; there's also an email option

I'm wondering if the 38 documents would exceed your account limits.

Thanks for your responses.  I scanned all 38 documents in one operation about a week ago and still not in Evernote even though it indicates "Saved to Evernote".  I was able to send and receive an email of the 38 documents today from Scannable. The pdf size was 17MB. Net, net I have the documents I need but not saved in Evernote.  I have a basic account with note size limit of 25MB and a monthly note upload limit of 60MB and am getting a message I am at my quota (even though pdf was only 17MB) - perhaps my multiple attempts to send to Evernote caused me to meet my limit.  I will try next month with smaller size of scanned documents  to see if my documents get saved in Evernote.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. I have Iphone 6s,  and have successfully scanned 3 pages which could be saved to the photo roll.

I signed into evernote through scannable but it will not save the scans to evernote and never created a

"Scannable" notebook. I have closed, opened and re-synched evernote on evernote.com, mac and iphone

still no scannable folder. Any other suggestions?

• 1 year later...

Ive been having this problem too, on and off, for a while - I appreciate this thread is over a year old. 

Scans, taken via the camera within Evernote scan well, display in the shelf at the bottom of the capture screen, but disappear upon ‘saving’ to the note. They also transfer to iOS Photos well. 

No amount of time will rectify the problem. In fact, adding an extra scan to the same note at a later date can delete any original scans. 

The only solutions I’ve found are to a) start another note, in which case the problem is rarely reproduced; or b) add the scans again, to the same note, but this time as attachments from your Photo Library. 

The problem is intermittent and seems to be specific to attaching the scans to the note, within a note.

I am in an iPhone XR, iOS 12.4.1 and all software is up to date. However, the problem has persisted across previous phones probably as far back as the original post.