Saved search doesn't work properly

Hi,
in Evernote desktop (windows 7) I want create a saved search that return all notes created today or updated today.
In "Search notes" if I write "any: created:day updated:day", the search provides the correct results. But if I save this search and launch the search it doesn't work properly because I get only notes that are created today without those updated today.
Strangely, the same saved search provides the correct results on my android phone.
Any suggest?

Luigi
  • Level 5*

I think I may have inadvertently removed the 'any:' myself, when I removed the notebook: term that Evernote had added., so sorry about that.

Anyways, I retested, with everything in place. I do see some weird behavior: if I click on the saved search once, it doesn't show the correct results. Click it again, and it does show the correct results. Click it again, and it fails again. Click it again and it works. So something is definitely broken.

This is in the most recent 6.9.2.6423 prerelease, btw.

I have noted a weird behavior.
When I write inside "Search notes" the "Any" term appeared.
image.png.778c3ade5b525e49fb4d02d157cc2245.png

But if I launch saved search the "All" term appeared despite I have insert "any:" term.

image.png.e31f3be9ded9854ed1c81dd029ba2d3a.png

My version is 6.9.2.6423 (306423) Prerelease (CE Build ce-1.36.3494)
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  Just retested clicking more than once on the saved term - I get a slightly different effect - every 3rd click I get 1 note that I just created,  then back to the dozen or so from today,  then back to the most recent.  Super-odd!

Edit:  ...and you're right;  the 'any' changes to 'all' for the 1-note display,  correctly shows as 'any' for the others.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Astronote said:

I have noted a weird behavior.

Yes, I the Any/All indicator in Search Info changes depending on which result set get when continually clicking on the saved search, as above..

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, gazumped said:

OK we have a bug problem...

Yep. Feels like an uninitialized value issue, which can lead to random-seeming results. At a guess, it shouldn't be hard to find, once someone sticks their nose into it.

• Level 5*
52 minutes ago, Astronote said:

When I click more times on saved search I get the same results. The Any/All indicator in Search Info doesn't change. It is always set on "All".

"Random seeming" does not preclude this result. Both gaz and I observed the same effect. Either way, there's clearly a bug here.

• 2 months later...

Sadly, this bug is still not fixed after two months. Just encountered this behavior with my saved search. The "any" is not correctly recognized most of the time but replaced by "all". If I then click on "show all notes" and open the saved search again, it does work. 

• 3 months later...

I've been having the same problem for many months - it's annoying. I have a number of searches that focus on notes that have been recently updated or created where I save the search with "any", but it almost always comes up as "all" when I run the search. Most of the time I have to manually type the search terms into the search box with an "any" to get the results I want. Very inefficient.

Any news on getting this bug fixed? It's persisted over a number of updates to Evernote for Windows. By the way, problem happens on both my work computer running Windows 7, and my home computer running Windows 10. 

Bug still present in Evernote 6.13.13.7425 (307425) Public (CE Build ce-48.0.5483) on Windows 7.

Occurrences of "any:" in saved searches are replace by "all:" in executed searches.

Attempts to change the search scope back to any: via GUI resets the search.

Typing the text of the saved search into the GUI works as expected.

Please fix this ASAP.

Saved searches are one of Evernote's most powerful features, that is, if they work as expected. ?

Currently, they are one of Evernote's most powerful failures.?

28 minutes ago, Nathan Gibbs 3 said:

Saved searches are one of Evernote's most powerful features, that is, if they work as expected. ?

Currently, they are one of Evernote's most powerful failures.?

+ 1

Saved Searches grow in value the more you use and fill Evernote. My En shortcuts are populated by saved searches which largely define my workflow. A huge time saver for an application that has long positioned itself as a productivity tool.

See also my Feature Suggestion to have separate Shortcuts for En Business vs En Personal.

• 1 month later...

I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like this bug is fixed in Evernote for Windows, at least as of beta version 6.14.1.7551. 

When I load a saved search that has the "any" term, it comes up as "any". If I click on the any to change it to all, I can't change it. That's not ideal functionality, but it's better than the alternative. At least this way the saved search does what it was intended to do, even if it's a little harder to change from "any" to "all" with the same search terms.

I haven't yet tried to save an "all" search to see if it works the same way - when I do, I'll post back here with results (unless someone else beats me to it).

Just tried it with an "all" search. Looks like the search loads correctly, but if I try to change to "any", it instead displays all notes. This seems to happen only if there are multiple search terms. For example, a saved search which looks for just one tag is unaffected (probably because an "any" search is the same as an "all" search if there is only one term). 

Again, all of this is better than how it was before - the saved searches upon load do what they were designed to do. 

Archived