Able to sign into more than one Personal account

ChuckW

Idea

I have a personal evernote account and a second account that was created when I converted my 'business' use account to Evernote Business and then my, now formal, Evernote Business account. At this time I am not sure I want to combine my two personal accounts (one for home life and one for work). Please make it so I can log into more than one personal account on the IOS app!

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, ChuckW said:

Please make it so I can log into more than one personal account on the IOS app!

I'm gueessing you want to have both accounts logged in at the same time; I can do this on my Mac, but I still have to switch between accounts

I find it helpful to use shared notebooks so my notes are available regardless of which account I'm logged into

I have all three accounts signed in on my Windows machine at work and my mac at home just like you and can switch between the 3 of them easily enough. When it comes to the iOS version of Evernote they only let you sign into one business account and one standard (non-business) version account. So I can be signed into my business account and one of the other two non-business version accounts. Looking to be able to be signed into all three on a iOS device just like on the windows PC or Mac at home. Not so much because I am sharing data between the two personal account so much as the two personal accounts are structured so different (one for personal use at home and with my family and the other one for work).

• Level 5*

The problem may be with mobile operating systems and storage space.  A desktop can swop between accounts because it retains all the information relating to all accounts on the local hard drive.  For reasons of storage space only the note being viewed is downloaded from the server - most other notes are on the server,  except for recently viewed or edited items which are retained in temporary storage as long as that space isn't required for something else.  Having 2 or more 'active' accounts on one phone means authenticating with the server under two different hats,  and keeping two (or more) streams of data completely separate. 

I agree that's all Evernote's problem,  but it may be that all (any?) mobile operating systems can't cope with that degree of granularity in storage, comms and auth - hence the wait.  One of those things that is of course a good idea,  but may not be possible at all for a while...

Archived